Resource for Those Living in Punta CANA / Bavaro

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Hi

I am an Australian who has recently moved to Punta Cana with my girlfriend.
Wanted to start a new thread for people living in this area.ie: Events, where to find... best restaurants, beachs, cheapest place to buy... best bars ect...

Anyone living here or knows the area who has any tips, events, favourites or just gossip, please post.

I will add some of my experience shortly

Cheers

Glenn

Feb 7, 2007
Please read my post to your other thread here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/111880-aussie-living-punta-cana.html

Your best bets are "LIVING" section and "EAST COAST TRAVEL" section. Read "stickies" and use "search" button. There is lots of info already around here.

You can also read Dominican Republic guide by DR1 here:
dr1guide | Santo Domingo | Dominican Republic

There is not one specific Punta Cana/ Bavaro travel guide I could recommend, but you can search Google with keywords "punta cana bavaro travel guide" and follow the links. There are several links that come up as results and you can review them.

If you speak Spanish, here is the local Bavaro/Punta Cana byweekly, a must read for all residents of the Zone. http://www.bavaronews.com/newest/index.php

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hi Whippet, (Glenn). I see we share something in common, but no, it's not accents. LOL I read Rubio's reply to you on the other thread, and I agree with her on almost everything. The only exception is that I doubt if I could EVER get bored sitting on the beach. :)

There's also a very good guide to the area available for download from the web, but it's more geared to tourists than residents. It might be a good starting point for you though. PM me and I'll forward the link to you. (I don't know if that's allowed in the forums.)

I have to admit I'm very envious of you living there now, but hope to be a part time resident sometime in the future.

Best of luck,
Glenn

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Scuba Diving Instruction in Punta Cana

If you want excellent Scuba Diving Instruction in Punta Cana, contact Piet Ven 809-805-5382. He taught me and I recommend him. He is a PADI Course Director.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks Rubio for all the links the link under east coast travel is espically good makes this thread slightly obsolete.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
thanks for the links

Please read my post to your other thread here
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/111880-aussie-living-punta-cana.html

Your best bets are "LIVING" section and "EAST COAST TRAVEL" section. Read "stickies" and use "search" button. There is lots of info already around here.

You can also read Dominican Republic guide by DR1 here:
dr1guide | Santo Domingo | Dominican Republic

There is not one specific Punta Cana/ Bavaro travel guide I could recommend, but you can search Google with keywords "punta cana bavaro travel guide" and follow the links. There are several links that come up as results and you can review them.

If you speak Spanish, here is the local Bavaro/Punta Cana byweekly, a must read for all residents of the Zone. http://www.bavaronews.com/newest/index.php

Thanks Rubio for all the links the link under east coast travel is espically good. I am new to DR1 so before now couldn't find much makes this thread slightly obsolete with all dis new info.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Great Name!

Hi Whippet, (Glenn). I see we share something in common, but no, it's not accents. LOL I read Rubio's reply to you on the other thread, and I agree with her on almost everything. The only exception is that I doubt if I could EVER get bored sitting on the beach. :)

There's also a very good guide to the area available for download from the web, but it's more geared to tourists than residents. It might be a good starting point for you though. PM me and I'll forward the link to you. (I don't know if that's allowed in the forums.)

I have to admit I'm very envious of you living there now, but hope to be a part time resident sometime in the future.

Best of luck,
Glenn

Thanks Glenn awesome name even have the double n's Still getting my bearings here cheers for the help

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
If you want excellent Scuba Diving Instruction in Punta Cana, contact Piet Ven 809-805-5382. He taught me and I recommend him. He is a PADI Course Director.

Not in my budget at the moment would love to one day thanks for da contact!