Carnival Pics

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
Carnival Presentation??

Maybe 5-7 years ago, I went to a presentation at the teatro in Santiago...it was of a bunch of carnival groups, representing their barrios or towns....dancing/performing. It was SO cool and you didn't get whacked by the bladders or threatened by those men covered in grease!

Is that happening this year? If so when and where?!

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
mARIPOSA - in the Centro Leon they do one Saturday de Carnaval that has a representation of the groups that parade and dance. No bladders involved.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The first three photos looked like something out of a Pieter Bruegel (sp?) note book...interestng images.

Thanks...

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
mARIPOSA - in the Centro Leon they do one Saturday de Carnaval that has a representation of the groups that parade and dance. No bladders involved.
I got seriously whacked several times in La Vega this year. Bruises. The bladders weren't soft.

'Course I was out in the street taking pics in the crowd, so I sorta kinda asked for it...:paranoid:

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
No, I never got whacked. I was lucky. And I was even luckier when after speaking to security at the area where Presidente had their promotions and soundstage he let me go up to the stage and hangout and enjoy music and free Presidentes. Hillbilly those first three pics in the slideshow were taking from the stage facing the Monument. It was located next to Kukaramakara.