Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fake Advertisement and Bad Service at Palacio Del Cine Plaza Palma Real

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs down Fake Advertisement and Bad Service at Palacio Del Cine Plaza Palma Real

    Not usually the one to whinge, having ****ed me off so much I feel justified to make this complaint.
    Having read the advertisement in last week’s Bavaro News I was quite excited to have a cheap date night out at the movies. On buying the tickets we were told “no the the 100 peso tickets was for last week only” . Believing we read the advertisement wrong we purchased the ticket.

    Walking into the cinemas we were truly confused when we saw a giant 3 meter sign advertising the Lunes a Mieercoles 100 peso special. Obviously we were quite ****ed off and along with another confused couple we questioned why we had to pay full price. After much discussion and attempting to get our money back we reluctantly went and watched the movie. NEVER TO RETUN again!

    It shows how poorly run this business is, being a new business I would expect that they would want to attract people not **** them off. I expect this cinema to be closed within a few months.

    Next time I will drive the extra bit to the other cinemas at San Juan Shopping center!

    Feels much better to have a whinge...still love living here!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think they will be that worried about customers being ****ed of at ticket prices in the plaza, considering it cost me 116pesos for a small beer next door which lasts 10 minutes, I doubt the people visiting the plaza worry about a few extra pesos on a night out.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default the Principle

    True most people wouldnt worry bout a few extra pesos but the principle of advertised one thing and then not acknowledging is the big problem.
    People generally dont like to be lied too...

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whippet View Post
    True most people wouldnt worry bout a few extra pesos but the principle of advertised one thing and then not acknowledging is the big problem.
    People generally dont like to be lied too...
    Been living on a different planet to me then, I still don't trust what I'm going to end up paying for something until I have actually paid for it.
    Next door, beer is advertised $100, I have 3 and it almostcomes to 400pesos, depending what tax they are charging that day, 16or24%.

    Never as bad as boca, I once ate there in a restaurant on the beach. The cost came to around 3000pesos, got the bill, they tried to charge 46% tax. That ending in massive confrontations, guns pulled and quite a bit of drama. Ended up paying 3000pesos, robbing bastards. Trust, haha!

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs down ticket price

    Do to the level of descrimination here in the east, I would bet that the discount price is for Dominicans only....????
    carib

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Who was pulling the guns? u or the people at the resturant

    Wow guns pulled! Hope I never experence something like that

    I think the best way to avoid getting ripped of is to negotiate before any purchase or be with a local haha! But even when I am with my girlfriend who is Dominican we still encounter sharks!

    At the end of the day if Im ripped of by someone or given bad service I will simple not return.

  7. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Who was pulling the guns? u or the people at the resturant

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    Been living on a different planet to me then, I still don't trust what I'm going to end up paying for something until I have actually paid for it.
    Next door, beer is advertised $100, I have 3 and it almostcomes to 400pesos, depending what tax they are charging that day, 16or24%.

    Never as bad as boca, I once ate there in a restaurant on the beach. The cost came to around 3000pesos, got the bill, they tried to charge 46% tax. That ending in massive confrontations, guns pulled and quite a bit of drama. Ended up paying 3000pesos, robbing bastards. Trust, haha!
    Who was pulling the guns? u or the people at the resturant

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Wow guns pulled! Hope I never experence something like that

    I think the best way to avoid getting ripped of is to negotiate before any purchase or be with a local haha! But even when I am with my girlfriend who is Dominican we still encounter sharks!

    At the end of the day if Im ripped of by someone or given bad service I will simple not return

  8. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carib View Post
    Do to the level of descrimination here in the east, I would bet that the discount price is for Dominicans only....????
    carib
    I would of said yes, but I was with my Dominican girlfriend. So rules that out.
    I think it came down more to lazyness ... someone was to lazy to remove the advertisments.

    I think speaking alittle spanish, being freindly and trying not to look like a tourist also helps

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •