Day Trip Help

mattyg

Feb 18, 2011
I will be staying at the dreams punta cana next month and I'm looking for a day trip that that involves touring some of the country side, close by towns, even a bit of local shopping etc. Everything that I've found on the web is either a 4 hour drive to SD, a safari or catamaran. Is there anything out there that focuses on local culture?

A few places that I have contacted that do offer day trips don't pick up at hotels in Uvero Alto.

Does anyone know of any tours that would be good? Besides a organized tour is there any other suggestions on how to spend a day sightseeing?

I'd rather not rent a car or spend more then 8 hours on the road.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Matt

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
did you book your vacation with any of the big agencies like Apple Vacations, etc.? If so, when you get there they will offer you various tours. maybe one of them would work out. Even if you didn't book through them, you might be able to sign up for one of their tours at their desk in the resort. on our first trip to D.R. (through apple), we went on a trip kinda like what you're looking for that went down to la romana, stopped for souvenir shopping, saw the historical caves, etc. it was pretty good as far as tours go. There are lots of other tours available outside of the A.I.'s. down in Bavaro/El Cortecito, but I don't know if they go up to Uvero Alto.

dominicanadian

Aug 30, 2010
Matt, Make sure you book your tours through an actual company, as there are many so called good guys willing to tour you around. They seem like nice normal trust worthy people, but by the end there like a bad rash you cant get rid of. All of the hotels i have been to seem to have an activity tours desk, or an onsite cabby/tour guide, he or she will know thw cool stuff to see.