Airline Summer Rates_American Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Holy h*ll, was checking AA summer rates and man did they jack ticket prices way up!!!!

Same flight schedule as in March, the July flight will cost me almost $300 dollars more!!!!! What the %$#@!!!?????

Biggest hike I've seen in airline fees since I've been flying to the DR (3 years)!!!!!!

Good luck with your Sosua clean-up, mayor Llana, airline rates go any higher and you'll be left with a nice respectable ghost town...........

Signed,
Dudley Downer (Debby's brother...lol)

:chinese::chinese::chinese:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I know exactly what you mean. Last year when we decided to buy our vacation home in Punta Cana, the relatively cheap and available air fare was one of the big reasons we picked the D.R. They've gotten much more expensive and far fewer available. Non-stop from Pittsburgh is only available when one of the package charter flights have a few extra seats, and only available at least 4 months in advance.

Jan 17, 2009
Jim,

I'm having the same problem with air fares, especially on American. Flying out of Santo Domingo, a real pain just to go to Miami, but half the price than flying out of POP.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Airline ticket prices have been inching up as the economy has rebounded and oil prices have increased.

However, you might want to wait on purchasing the tickets for a bit. The summer prices usually go down. Right now, folks in the northeast US are sick and tired of snow and are dreaming of vacations on the beach, so the prices are up. In a couple of months, as folks get over cabin fever, the prices may go back down. I say "may" because the price of oil will go up as summer nears in the United States.

If you can, sign up for fare alerts on American Airlines. Sometimes they have sales that last only a few hours. Check back often. One person said that, for some reason, the best time of day to buy an airline ticket is at 2am. Prices can get changed more than once per day. Also, look for alternate routes. I save over a hundred dollars by flying a connection instead of a direct route to my final destination.

A shame one has to work so much at getting a good ticket, but these are the times we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.