Shipping from Houston to DR - questions

oceans11

Feb 18, 2011
Hello. Has anyone had success shipping barrels out of the Houston area to the DR? I've read the threads that discuss that this can be a reliable mode of sending household goods. Evidently there are some good people/companies that do this out of NY, Canada, Miami. Has anyone done this from Houston and could possibly recommend a good Dominican business for this purpose?

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
No luck
only easy shipping to Jamaica lol
I found one shipping to rio haino sp , still 200$ per barrel plus you have to pick it up!
Manu

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I looked into it from Dallas, and someone I knew recommended "Quisqueya Global Transport" which is from Houston.
They have an ad in the local (Dallas) Dominican Association website.
(LA SOCIEDAD CULTURAL DOMINICANA DALLAS FORT WORTH)
Don't know if they are still in business. Wasn't able to use them, as the cost from Dallas was more than I was willing to pay.

Quisqueya Global Transport - Envios de puerta a puerta hacia cualquier parte de la Republica Dominicana, desde Houston y sus alrededores.
Para informaci?n:

Rafael Jorge DFW Agent Ph: (817) 825-8425
Email: caballito1063@hotmail.com

Houston: Sarah Perez ,Ph: (281) 500-1214 or
Miguel Nivar Cel: (713) 417-8199 Email:Quisqueyag@msn.com

San Antonio: 210 ? 473 -5308

If you find something that works for you, could you post it? I've all but given up . . . .

oceans11

Feb 18, 2011
Thank you bri777 and La Rubia for taking the time to send what info you have on the subject. I am going to try Quisqueya and continue to look for alternatative. I will post whatever info I dig up.

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
hi,

I have only some info of one in New York,they ship from door to door ,maybe You can contact them for info if they know some in Your area:

Embarque Tenares
2249 Washington Ave
Bronx, NY, 10457

Tel # +1-718-562-1300
Fax # +1-718-562-0110

email: Tenaresshipping@hotmail.com

good luck
Coralia

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Thank you bri777 and La Rubia for taking the time to send what info you have on the subject. I am going to try Quisqueya and continue to look for alternatative. I will post whatever info I dig up.

Please report back on what you find out! Thanks in advance.

oceans11

Feb 18, 2011
Just wanted to update this post. Finally did try Quisqueya Global Transport out of Houston. Shipped 4 boxes. They did an excellent job with nothing broken! Highly recommend.

PCMissionary

Aug 5, 2011
Hello. Has anyone had success shipping barrels out of the Houston area to the DR? I've read the threads that discuss that this can be a reliable mode of sending household goods. Evidently there are some good people/companies that do this out of NY, Canada, Miami. Has anyone done this from Houston and could possibly recommend a good Dominican business for this purpose?

You mentioned Canada. I'm moving to the DR from Canada... what are the names (or if there's a link) of some reliable companies you mentioned as per above.