DNCD the truth behind the salary!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
My brother on law gets 34,000 per month.
Screw your silly ideas everyone on the legal side is so poor, he earns more than half of what I do, and I don't get to shoot tigres every day.

Reactions: Eddy

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
My brother on law gets 34,000 per month.
Screw your silly ideas everyone on the legal side is so poor, he earns more than half of what I do, and I don't get to shoot tigres every day.
That benefit alone is worth 50,00+ per month ;)

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Let's hope your brother keeps clean in the most corrupt state institution in the country after the Policia Nacional. Even their director admits the theft of property and drugs by its agents.

E

engineerfg

How is that enough to feed a family, live in a non-****ty area, put your kids through a good school, pay for dental care every 6 months, and the occasional trips to the doctor every 3 months? It's not. So he's poor and needs to chase a commission.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
How is that enough to feed a family, live in a non-****ty area, put your kids through a good school, pay for dental care every 6 months, and the occasional trips to the doctor every 3 months? It's not. So he's poor and needs to chase a commission.

80 percent of Dominican have a salary of 10,000 pesos or less, another 10 % are under 30,000 per month. At 34,000 I'm sure he can manage quite fine.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Salaries in dr

80 percent of Dominican have a salary of 10,000 pesos or less, another 10 % are under 30,000 per month. At 34,000 I'm sure he can manage quite fine.

Are you sure about these figures?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Are you sure about these figures?

Most earn under RD$10K
Barely 13.5% of the country's 1.2 million workers earn salaries above RD$25,000, while 57% earn less than RD$10,000. Only 174,047 employees earn more than RD$25,000 and most earn less than RD$10,000, a total of 736,208 employees. According to a financial report on the Dominican social security system from the Social Security Treasury, the country has 1,290,581 employees registered as of 31 December 2010. In March 2008 64.7% of employees earned less than RD$10,000 and 8.8% received salaries above RD$25,000.

According to Diario Libre, if only 13.5% are earning more than RD$25,000, this means that 86.5% of workers are getting salaries between zero and RD$25,000. This is why most workers do not have to pay and income taxes. According to the data from the TSS, 200,622 employees, equal to 15.5%, earn between RD$10,000 and RD$15,000, while 103,802 employees, equal to 8% receive salaries of between RD$15,000 and RD$20,000. Employees earning between RD$20,000 and RD$25,000 make up some 75,902, or 5.9%.

In March 2008, workers who earned between zero and RD$10,000 represented 64.7%, and those who earned the most represented 8.8%. People earning between zero and RD$10,000 totaled 64.7%, but in 2010 the percentage dropped by 7.7%, while the numbers of those who earned more than RD$25,000 increased by 4.7%, going from 8.8% in 2008 to 13.5% in 2010.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It's not enough that's for sure. A cop makes between 4 and 5K's a month. That's barely enough for groceries alone. How about rent, utilities, medical, clothing etc.
No wonder they take bribes, steal, sell dope, pimp out girls or whatever they can to make ends meet. The guilty party: The Gov. Any essential employee makes crap while the politicos fill their pockets. A friend of mine, MD works at a public clinic in the campo. Makes less than 10 G's a month. He often pays for the medication he gives away to the poor. He is looking for a part time job. His wife has to work as a maid to help out. Yet the Gov. brags about how well the country is doing while getting loans to add to their allready full pockets.

Reactions: Bronxboy

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It's not enough that's for sure. A cop makes between 4 and 5K's a month. That's barely enough for groceries alone. How about rent, utilities, medical, clothing etc.
No wonder they take bribes, steal, sell dope, pimp out girls or whatever they can to make ends meet. The guilty party: The Gov. Any essential employee makes crap while the politicos fill their pockets. A friend of mine, MD works at a public clinic in the campo. Makes less than 10 G's a month. He often pays for the medication he gives away to the poor. He is looking for a part time job. His wife has to work as a maid to help out. Yet the Gov. brags about how well the country is doing while getting loans to add to their allready full pockets.

Seems very little pay for a doctor, my wife's cousin daughter is working as an intern in one of the public hospitals in SD and she makes 27,000.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Most earn under RD$10K
Barely 13.5% of the country's 1.2 million workers earn salaries above RD$25,000, while 57% earn less than RD$10,000. Only 174,047 employees earn more than RD$25,000 and most earn less than RD$10,000, a total of 736,208 employees. According to a financial report on the Dominican social security system from the Social Security Treasury, the country has 1,290,581 employees registered as of 31 December 2010. In March 2008 64.7% of employees earned less than RD$10,000 and 8.8% received salaries above RD$25,000.

According to Diario Libre, if only 13.5% are earning more than RD$25,000, this means that 86.5% of workers are getting salaries between zero and RD$25,000. This is why most workers do not have to pay and income taxes. According to the data from the TSS, 200,622 employees, equal to 15.5%, earn between RD$10,000 and RD$15,000, while 103,802 employees, equal to 8% receive salaries of between RD$15,000 and RD$20,000. Employees earning between RD$20,000 and RD$25,000 make up some 75,902, or 5.9%.

In March 2008, workers who earned between zero and RD$10,000 represented 64.7%, and those who earned the most represented 8.8%. People earning between zero and RD$10,000 totaled 64.7%, but in 2010 the percentage dropped by 7.7%, while the numbers of those who earned more than RD$25,000 increased by 4.7%, going from 8.8% in 2008 to 13.5% in 2010.

LOL!!!!

Robert take this under consideration:

Try and hire a Dominican worker to clean your pool, backyard or paint you home for RD$10,000 and let me know how many "vulgaridades" he ends up telling you... LOL!!!

Dominicans DON'T report their earnings 100% to the tax system here. You would have to be a fool to pay into the pockets of so many corrupt officials and duties and get little to nothing in returns. 99% of employers report the low ball wages earned by employees, all the whilst paying a cash payment added to that total. I know so because WE all do it.

Just like Dominican taxi drivers, bodegas, supermarkets, etc... Don't report their actual income to the IRS in the US...

This is the kind of figures that misleads so many foreigners to "think" and firmly "believe" that they can live like kings on a standard retirement income here, only to find out on the cruel joke they got fooled into, based on these figures above offered.

Official and reported wages in the DR are a running joke behind doors, the only ones that believe all that "cheap" and "plentiful" Dominican pool of workers at those wage ranges, are the same ones that believe that Haitians living in the DR are pretty much Dominicans.

If you believe these numbers then you have never employed Dominicans in the DR but Haitians....

LOL!! 10,000??? LOL! LOL!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
LOL!!!!

Robert take this under consideration:

Try and hire a Dominican worker to clean your pool, backyard or paint you home for RD$10,000 and let me know how many "vulgaridades" he ends up telling you... LOL!!!

Dominicans DON'T report their earnings 100% to the tax system here. You would have to be a fool to pay into the pockets of so many corrupt officials and duties and get little to nothing in returns. 99% of employers report the low ball wages earned by employees, all the whilst paying a cash payment added to that total. I know so because WE all do it.

Just like Dominican taxi drivers, bodegas, supermarkets, etc... Don't report their actual income to the IRS in the US...

This is the kind of figures that misleads so many foreigners to "think" and firmly "believe" that they can live like kings on a standard retirement income here, only to find out on the cruel joke they got fooled into, based on these figures above offered.

Official and reported wages in the DR are a running joke behind doors, the only ones that believe all that "cheap" and "plentiful" Dominican pool of workers at those wage ranges, are the same ones that believe that Haitians living in the DR are pretty much Dominicans.

If you believe these numbers then you have never employed Dominicans in the DR but Haitians....

LOL!! 10,000??? LOL! LOL!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

While you are correct about Dominicans not reporting their true earnings to the government, and employees paying bonuses instead of higher salary it is also true that most make less than the 30,000. My wife's cousin son works full-time at Wendy's and makes around 13,000, his sister works as a bi-lingual secretary for an import-export business and makes slightly more. Both are fluently bilingual. The majority of teachers make less than 20,000.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
While you are correct about Dominicans not reporting their true earnings to the government, and employees paying bonuses instead of higher salary it is also true that most make less than the 30,000. My wife's cousin son works full-time at Wendy's and makes around 13,000, his sister works as a bi-lingual secretary for an import-export business and makes slightly more. Both are fluently bilingual. The majority of teachers make less than 20,000.

Sadly reality in the DR is that you get pay what you're worth only. The cases above are an example of lacking a good education/networking background during formation as a professional in the DR.

I'm not trying to paint the sky as rosy here, but the reality is that reported wages and real wages are too distanced to be even considered in any calculations for a potential investor here. That's unless they plan and know beforehand they'll be employing Haitians using Dominican Cedulas bought in the market in place.

There are numbers then there's reality... If you live in the DR and say that RD$10,000 pesos buys you a real Dominican worker, then you must live in some alternate world with a mirror DR in it...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I believe Robert's figures. And it has nothing to do with being Haitian or Dominican. Would you care to tell us the current official minimum wage Pichardo, oh, and also the official minimum wage for the Free Zone which is less. And the standard construction wages while you are at it. The wages I am aware of, paid to Dominicans in dive schools, shops, restaurants, hotels, colmados, basic office work, free zones, schools, police etc are all under 10k a month. And the hours are usually long enough for them to be unable to do anything else. Of course those with more qualifications earn more - but not significantly more.

Matilda

Reactions: AlterEgo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sadly reality in the DR is that you get pay what you're worth only. The cases above are an example of lacking a good education/networking background during formation as a professional in the DR.

I'm not trying to paint the sky as rosy here, but the reality is that reported wages and real wages are too distanced to be even considered in any calculations for a potential investor here. That's unless they plan and know beforehand they'll be employing Haitians using Dominican Cedulas bought in the market in place.

There are numbers then there's reality... If you live in the DR and say that RD$10,000 pesos buys you a real Dominican worker, then you must live in some alternate world with a mirror DR in it...

She has a degree in Marketing, and he is still working on his electrical engineering degree. I think you are out to lunch. I know numerous teachers/bank employees ( loans officer, bank manager, assistant manager, accountants, lawyers....etc) 35,000 is considered well above average. I know of one person working for the Banco Popular that make just over 50,000 in the Credit branch.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Remember, PICHARDO lives in a bubble. In his Dominican Republic, nobody earns less than RD$35,000 and they all drive their own cars and have travel visas etc. Don't get me wrong, I live in the same bubble, but I also recognize it's a minority of the overall population that are fortunate to be in that position.

The reality is, the majority of the population don't live it that bubble and most earn much lower wages.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Again either you live on the alternate DR on the mirror or you've never employed a Dominican non-Haitian (to put it with courtesy) at all...

About "official" wages and what nots, who the heck gets pay what the gov claims as going rates? Haitians!

A low level job pay for a "real" (read not in your alternate DR) Dominican is 20,000 to 25,000 flat! Police in low ranks get paid the "official" gov rate in the books but we're more that clear enough pay is with "benefits' of more pay on the "job"...

DNCD and other higher levels above a raso rank, are all paid well beyond 30,000!

I know plenty of people working in Pricemart (just a low pay as walmart in the US) with over the 20,000 pesos to start alone.

My nephew works in a bank of the DR and makes well above and beyond what somebody posted here as above average for those workers, in fact the driver paid less in the bank goes beyond your average to begin with...

Like I said, there's a major disconnect between what you think and what's real in the DR in the wages pool. Just because the gov says the minimum is this or that, won't make a Dominican work for that type of meager wage at all.

Stop this nonsense feeding to other foreigners looking into the DR, as that somehow they'll be able to employ Dominicans in their biz at those rates and expect anything other than a zombie at work.

Do you honestly think that the colmado owner in the DR reports his true wages/earnings to the tax system here? That employers are willing to present themselves are paying higher wages to the tax system, which will force them to cover more expenses by law per wages dedicated per employee????

You must be dreaming in your alternate DR because the real DR it's not!

Let me put it even easier so you could understand: Take the gov official wage for the lowest skilled construction worker in the DR, upgraded by a factor of 100% and still no Dominican will take the job at that rate...

You get what you pay for in the DR, that's why most companies and biz owners pay bonuses apart from the meager reported wages to their employers. Else they would have to be hiring new people by the quincena nonstop...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A good friend is an Orthopedic Resident in a public hospital in Santo Domingo and makes $29,000.