Cheap Hotel

k973a

Feb 17, 2011
Need a decent cheap hotel in santiago, flying in on friday gonna stay in santiago for a couple of days and finish my stay in sosua. Anyone here no of any.(I stayed at the Hodelpa Centro Plaza but not tryin to pay 100 dollars a night) Thanks

Reactions: Lucille

Barmills

Jan 5, 2011
Good Price

I Stayed At Hotel Platino in Santiago for 1 week in December. For $44 a night (tax included already) was a great price for me. Staff was excellent, and the hotel was comfy. I was surprise what i got for the price.
Have A restaurant, plus u can order room service if u want. Not a bad location.

(809) 724 7576

Reactions: waytogo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Even cheaper is Hotel Colonial, about 1.350 including breakfast in the new section. Not a palace but clean and used by many young people, including college groups from the states. 809 247 3122 I think...talk to Victor or Lazaro.

HB

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I have stayed in Santiago about 6 or 7 times. Each time I stayed at Hotel Aloha Sol on La Calle Del Sol. I paid 1,800 pesos or roughly $50 US Dollars per night. It includes a decent breakfast buffet. I have always been satisfied with the rooms there. Hotel Aloha Sol Good luck with wherever you decide to stay and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Reactions: waytogo and Lucille

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
My friend recommended Aloha del Sol because of good location, but when these websites say that their may not be availability during certain dates are the just BSing? i noticed a couple times some hotels had that statement on expedia and tripadvisor but when i get there there are plenty rooms available. Is this just a marketing ploy?

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
JetBlue,

If you call them directly usually they have rooms. I always called Hotel Aloha Sol directly and never had a problem making a reservation. I can't speak for the hotels, but in my experience being completely booked is not the case. In fact, many of the websites such as Expedia, Travelocity, etc. buy a block of rooms/reservations and sell them. They only put that it is "sold out" because it is sold out on their end not on the hotel's end.

-Jbars