Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOAH!! No Nonstop from MIA to POP,STI,or SDQ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WOAH!! No Nonstop from MIA to POP,STI,or SDQ?

Hola mi gente! Ok, Im in the middle of planning my 2nd trip to the DR when I was totally thrown back by the airline prices and the absence of non stop flights from MCO or MIA to the DR. Last year my flight cost of my trip was less than $300, this year the flights are like starting @ like $1400 and up alone with out hotel etc. Am I missing something here? Does anyone know when or why this is happening? This is really bad because now Ill probably have to stay at a lower priced resort and wont be able to get all the gifts I had planned for mi princessa! This will break her poor little heart for there were so many things that she needs me to bring. (joke...the truth is I probably wont come with those prices...)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Direct Flight from South Florida

Hi:

Jet Blue from Fort Lauderdale, direct to SDQ $280.80 round trip. I checked this price for the first week in March.

S

Post Thanks / Like

SPIRIT $9 Dollar Club Members: $44 R/T MCO - STI ( Plus taxes) March 5 return March 14

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you using Expedia, Orbitz or Hotwire to search? None of those list AA flights any more. To my knowledge, AA still has quite a few flights from MIA to all Dominican destinations. The prices have gone up, but not as much as what you posted. Try aa.com.

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind; the Dominican taxes are $140.00. When you account for this many of flights are'nt bad at all .

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Whew! Crisis averted! Thanks for all who replied. I was using expedia and like a few of you said, no American Airline option when booking with expedia. So I guess the beat goes on after all! Hey thanks again

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillbilly can you send me that info or that itinerary? I have a friend who would be traveling those days and im also going the 6th to the 14th but my flights already booked. Id really appreciate it. I dont see spirit airlines on expedia.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetblue Flight 811 View Post
    Hillbilly can you send me that info or that itinerary? I have a friend who would be traveling those days and im also going the 6th to the 14th but my flights already booked. Id really appreciate it. I dont see spirit airlines on expedia.
    Spirit Airlines - cheap tickets, cheap flights, discount airfare, cheap hotels, cheap car rentals, cheap travel

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many many flights with AA nearly every week with prices at $200 plus taxes ..from MIA to SDQ

Post Thanks / Like

AA can only compete with Jet Blue and Spirit because of two things: Bags and times.
    To travel on Spirit you leave Santiago at 3:30 in the morning and arrive at 5:30 in FLL. You leave FLL at 11:59 p.m. (so they say) and arrive at 2:20 in the morning in STI....Not all travellers will do this. Plus they charge for bags and carry ons. No matter, they are still hundreds cheaper than AA...

HB-> cheapskate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast