Police Checks

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Hi.....dont know if this post is in the right section....but

I lived in DR for 3 years and now moved back to UK. My new employer is currently insisting that I get a police check for my time that I lived abroad. Just had a current check done here, but they want one from there. I tried to explain to them how DR works and that I didnt think it was possible to get one, but they still insist.

How would I do this if it is possible, bearing in mind I am not in DR?

How much is it likely to cost? How long would it take?

Also, I dont have a cedula.

Thanks for any help.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
You were in POP were you not? I'll ask at the police station for you and find out.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I expect a trip to get it would be in order, so I doubt will be cheap in the long run

I would expect the Dominican police report and any travel/ lodging/ meals and incidental expenses required to secure it to be a reimburseable expense and at the very least 100% tax deductible since it's a condition of employment.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Yes I was in PP.

I will see if I can get any costs refunded. Bet it will end up being expensive for a piece of paper that says nada!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I would expect the Dominican police report and any travel/ lodging/ meals and incidental expenses required to secure it to be a reimburseable expense and at the very least 100% tax deductible since it's a condition of employment.

I expect some may be, but he is unlikely to get the checks done quickly, he is possibly looking at a week to 2 weeks in the country waiting for it to be processed. Unless he does two trips, one to apply (be sure it gets attention and doesn't hit the bin) and another to collect.
Mine from the UK for the DR took about a month from what I remember.
But who knows, I never come across this, before. I always presume if you are enough of a menace they would just boot you out the country.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I expect some may be, but he is unlikely to get the checks done quickly, he is possibly looking at a week to 2 weeks in the country waiting for it to be processed. Unless he does two trips, one to apply (be sure it gets attention and doesn't hit the bin) and another to collect.
Mine from the UK for the DR took about a month from what I remember.
But who knows, I never come across this, before. I always presume if you are enough of a menace they would just boot you out the country.

That is "She" not he. Hopefully it can be done without you being present.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Check the nearest Dominican consulate or embassy. If I'm not mistaken you can get a "Certificado de Buena Conducta" - Certificate of Good Conduct from the police.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The police checks done for Immigrating to Canada are around 600 pesos. I would imagine it's the same price no matter what they are used for .

The police record check also had to be done in Santo Domingo, but I didn't go with my husband so I can't remember where he said he had to go. He said it took about an hour. I think it cost 600$ pesos.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What:paranoid: should I log out and come back in again, maybe things will make a bit more sense.

Crazy Canadian/English language.:cheeky:

Bob was trying to say that the OP is a she and hopefully (you) as in the person needing the police check/report doesn't have to be present (as in the DR) when getting one.

Got it?;)