Help! I no longer want to be in my housing association

Nov 10, 2010
Help! I no longer want to be in my housing association!

How can i legally remove myself from the association? Is it possible?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What kind of a association is it? Is it an informal thing, or formal with rules, an administrator, etc. Fabio will have to respond to your question about a housing association, but I can tell you that if you were in our condominium association that you would not be able to remove yourself from the obligation to pay maintenance fees, special assessments, or the requirement to abide by the rules of the association.

Nov 10, 2010
Hi
it is a association of homes, that existed before my house was part of the association, thus i do not own a condo.
i elected to join it and pay $$$ a mth.
It includes security, water etc etc

It is not run by an administrator. Theres some corrupt behaviour going on and i want no part of it

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I understood you didn't own a condo.

You say you had a choice whether or not to join when you built your house?

If it is true that membership was optional, what is preventing you from changing your mind and leaving the association?

Reactions: Bronxboy
Nov 10, 2010
hi
thats really my question as well, although many peple that i have spoken with in general about associations say that once you join... thats it TIL DEF DO U PART

It was optional at the time i joined but im no longer interested!
Just wondered if anyone had experience in this area, or has left their association, costs involved, lawyers etc?????

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Does the association have any written rules or bylaws?

If there are, what do they say regarding leaving the association?