Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 1,651 to 1,657 of 1657
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    That one person has only met a small subset of people does not mean that there are not tons of healthy vegetarians. There are millions with more seeing the benefits and aiming towards giving up meat, dairy, etc...

There are many and an increasing number of famous vegetarians, vegans, etc, in sports and elsewhere in the public eye. Arnold, Bill Clinton, all kinds of top level athletes. Watch out for new documentary "Game Changers" coming soon.

Vegans are but a smaller subgroup of Vegetarians and all those that eat "junk food" versions of "vegetarian" or vegan foods aren't really going to see the benefits of those following a Whole Foods, Plant Based (WFPB) life or way of eating.

Anyway...feel free to enjoy what you like.
    There are almost as many Seventh Day Adventists as there are atheists, and if they were living longer more productive lines than the rest of us who aren't following the advice of one who was hit in the head by a rock and started having hallucinations we'd all hear about it. There are diets of every type. Every few months a new book comes along telling us something different.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

And they're healthy vegetarians...

I'm always, still....amazed at people that think changing their diet is too drastic but will take handfuls of pills and have surgery like it's nothing.

To each their own...

Enjoy your life...I do mine

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    There are almost as many Seventh Day Adventists as there are atheists, and if they were living longer more productive lines than the rest of us who aren't following the advice of one who was hit in the head by a rock and started having hallucinations we'd all hear about it. There are diets of every type. Every few months a new book comes along telling us something different.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    And they're healthy vegetarians...

I'm always, still....amazed at people that think changing their diet is too drastic but will take handfuls of pills and have surgery like it's nothing.

To each their own...

Enjoy your life...I do mine
    Maybe a few of them are healthy. But don't know where they are.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Always a new book and a group of new doctors pushing for a diet or way of life. If one really wants to be healthy, I suggest reading and understanding studies centered on nutrition. The videos and documentaries are often pushing an agenda for ethical or monetary reasons. Arnold Schwarzenegger got big and strong eating eggs and bacon while blasting steroids.

From the Adventist group, those who ate fish were the healthiest of the bunch. Plus their definition of vegetarian/vegan includes consuming eggs or meat at least once a month or so.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest fad is Beyond Meat. Processed plant based fibre mixed with additives to give it a meat taste. The burgers are available at certain fast food franchises. The value of Beyond Meat stock rose about 400% once they gained acceptance at fast food franchises and their products are now available in major grocery food chains. Independent research has shown that their products are so highly processed, they are similar to dog food products, don’t aid in weight reduction, and can cause medical problems over the long term.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

We’ve veered off topic here. Back to Living Costs in DR please.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Taylor View Post
    Actually, Portuguese is not difficult to learn if you speak Spanish. It does not sound like it looks, though. I learned it in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    You are like Manuel, “I learn it from a book”, talking to the major.
    I learned it in Brazil. However, this does not affect my living costs in the DR.