Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tabaco !

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Question tabaco !

I am a smoker and need some help with an answer if possable. I roll my own cigarettes ,Is additive free tobaco available in the DR ? such as American Spirit ?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Chuck

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't think I'm the only one who was thinking that....

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck T View Post
    I am a smoker and need some help with an answer if possable. I roll my own cigarettes ,Is additive free tobaco available in the DR ? such as American Spirit ?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Chuck

Have you been taking advice from yanandu?

I couldn't resist.....it kinda jumped right out at me......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by rice&beans View Post
    Have you been taking advice from yanandu?

I couldn't resist.....it kinda jumped right out at me......

I expected this but not so soon ! lol Now how bout some help here amigo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can buy loose shag in the country, you won't find it in every colmado but any tobacconist will sell it. I've never heard of your brand but others yes. Papers are expensive so bring your own.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Small cigar makers often have loose tobacco. I guess it comes fresh from the countryside so be additive free.
    About 20 types may be available - some only suitable for cigars, some for blending.
    Yanandu.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for your insight, smoking has become a very expensive habit in the USA so I make my own and want to do the same when I move to the DR, I do however only wish to use tobaco that has not been treated and is free of all foreign additives.
    garcias saniora

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

please don't be offeneded, I made the assumption Yanandu. Is a female, if not please accept my apologie and I will correct my mistake,
    saludos

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No male!
    Glad to help!
    Yanandu

*** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

My father in law is really a campo guy and has one hanging on his ear most of the time. He gets it in chunks and only at special places. He hacks some off the chunk with a knife, then works it with his fingers to loosen it into rollable stuff. Very strong. My wife warned me when I was smoking to be careful. He has brown paper sheets like 10 by 10" cut it with the knife into rolling size. After a couple wacks, it goes out and he stows it on his ear for awhile before hitting it again. You probably need to find a older guy that lived in the campo. Maybe check at Mercado Modelo (Nuevo) on Duarte-- G0 with a couple Dominican friends.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people smoke cigar shag because it is cheaper, dark strong and has not been open to the air as much as it is kept much more compact and so moist, and so goes out constantly. Most people couldn't smoke a full one in papers made with cigar shag so possibly is what your father in law smokes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast