tabaco !

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
I am a smoker and need some help with an answer if possable. I roll my own cigarettes ,Is additive free tobaco available in the DR ? such as American Spirit ?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chuck

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I don't think I'm the only one who was thinking that....

I am a smoker and need some help with an answer if possable. I roll my own cigarettes ,Is additive free tobaco available in the DR ? such as American Spirit ?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chuck

Have you been taking advice from yanandu?

I couldn't resist.....it kinda jumped right out at me......

:cheeky::cheeky:

Reactions: Africaida

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Yes you can buy loose shag in the country, you won't find it in every colmado but any tobacconist will sell it. I've never heard of your brand but others yes. Papers are expensive so bring your own.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Small cigar makers often have loose tobacco. I guess it comes fresh from the countryside so be additive free.
About 20 types may be available - some only suitable for cigars, some for blending.
Yanandu.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
thank you for your insight, smoking has become a very expensive habit in the USA so I make my own and want to do the same when I move to the DR, I do however only wish to use tobaco that has not been treated and is free of all foreign additives.
garcias saniora

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
please don't be offeneded, I made the assumption Yanandu. Is a female, if not please accept my apologie and I will correct my mistake,
saludos

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
My father in law is really a campo guy and has one hanging on his ear most of the time. He gets it in chunks and only at special places. He hacks some off the chunk with a knife, then works it with his fingers to loosen it into rollable stuff. Very strong. My wife warned me when I was smoking to be careful. He has brown paper sheets like 10 by 10" cut it with the knife into rolling size. After a couple wacks, it goes out and he stows it on his ear for awhile before hitting it again. You probably need to find a older guy that lived in the campo. Maybe check at Mercado Modelo (Nuevo) on Duarte-- G0 with a couple Dominican friends.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
A lot of people smoke cigar shag because it is cheaper, dark strong and has not been open to the air as much as it is kept much more compact and so moist, and so goes out constantly. Most people couldn't smoke a full one in papers made with cigar shag so possibly is what your father in law smokes.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
cigar tabaco is much too strong and are you sure your pal isn't rolling giant joints ? lol

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
cigar tabaco is much too strong and are you sure your pal isn't rolling giant joints ? lol

lol, I couldn't smoke it but lots do (I'm a Marlboro red man), it is less than half the price and money is everything to the majority.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Hi Chuck,

I find that the local Marlboro Reds are nothing like the Marlboro Red cigarettes in the States or elsewhere. The package says that they are made locally by Leon Jimenez (think cigars).

I have found these cigarettes to be smooth, slow burning and somewhat similar to American Spirits. The tobacco flavor is closer to cigar tobacco than US cigarette tobacco.

I wouldn?t be surprised if they additive-free, or mostly.

I would suggest you try them. I buy mine in Nacional Supermarkets for about 3 US$ per pack.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Are Marlboro reds smoother here or in the states (sorry not clear)? I was a Camel smoker in europe, only got into the reds when I moved over to the Republic, 100pesos per pack.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I have found that the best smokes are the locally made Marlboro Reds.

Make sure the package says that they are made by Leon Jiminez.

Try 'em and report back.

vi6six

Feb 7, 2009
tabacalera juliany cigar, s.a.
they sell lose tabaco and papers also. i asked jose miguel or flaco, the guy i get my cigars from. i didn't asked for any price. they are located at av. mella #464 in front of banco papular. it's close to the zona colonial. tel:8092219160 if you need any more info let me know.