Can A Lawyer Send Perm. Residence Card By Fedex To A Client In Another Country?

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2010
Mr. Guzman:

I took all the photos for the permanent residency and did all the tests for perm. residency when I was in the D.R. about 12 months ago and was given the understanding that the Perm. Residency card could be sent to via Fedex after the card had been processed by my lawyer working with immigration. The lawyer tells me the card is finished but seemed evasive about sending it when I tried calling him a couple of times. I have not pursued getting the card by offering to pay for the Fedex charges and I instead have thought about going back to the D.R. instead since I have some other business to take care of.

Question: Can A Lawyer Send Perm. Residence Card By Fedex To A Client In Another Country? Is it legal and has it been done before?

Thank you

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2010
Thanks Mr. Guzman for an answer to this also. You can answer me by private message also if you like.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and it is even within the DR not allowed to send Residency or Cedula Cards by Postal Services such as Metro Pack or Caribe Express.
they show big letters in their offices that they do not ship such.

Mike

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
The only carrier that I have had any luck shipping Government issued documents (Passports, Cedulars, etc) is DHL... and they will only ship directly to foreign embassies.

As the Bird mentioned, the Cedular may require your signature. Maybe better you take the trip.

E

engineerfg

From my experience, you can't fedex passports and residence documents outside DR. Fedex confirmed for me that it's a DR restriction, not a US or UK restriction.

I took the chance, and just fedex'd the package to my amigo anyway, i just didn't disclose what was in it. The fedex people are flakes, just put it in an envelope with other stuff in it, and that's that.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it may depend on their office where you leave the stuff to be sent.
I used FedEx and DHL only once each during the last 7 months for documents to be send outside of the country, and I use Caribe Express and Metro Pack several Times every month for document shipments within the DR, and I lately been asked AND checked at each what is in the envelope, none accepted a closed envelope, they want to have a quick look on the interior before they accept the package.
just my experience in Bavaro/PC.

Mike