Cost for Translation?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
What is the going rate for written translations, English to Spanish and vice-verse?
I remember there was a thread about this some time ago but I cannot find it with the search function. I think Chiri knows about it.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, a couple of years ago the local translators' association official rate was US$0.08 per word/RD$3. Many of us usually charge a little less :)

A typical page of text is 500 words (Times New Roman 12pt) so expect to pay about US$ 30-40 per page.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Depending on what you need your translated documents for, if it's for legal or immigration purposes etc... the Dominican Embassy has a rate of $40 (US) per document posted on their webiste, They certify it as "official" ... and it expires 3 months later... which could be frustrating for those involved in processes where they have to get this redone numerous times.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with the above. There are some translators that are "Judicial" and have special stamps to affix to their work, but many of them are not that good...

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Legal translations are different, but it seems strange that they'd impose a flat rate when documents can vary in length and complexity.

Also - to the OP - for best results, unless the person is close to being 100% bilingual I strongly recommend using a native English speaker for translations into English and a native Spanish speaker for translations into Spanish.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
What is the going rate for written translations, English to Spanish and vice-verse?
I remember there was a thread about this some time ago but I cannot find it with the search function. I think Chiri knows about it.

i paid for official translation from Spanish to English per page 600 pesos in POP.