Prd 2012

Who do you think will represent the PRD in the 2012 elections?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Who do you think will represent the PRD in the 2012 elections?

Notice, the question is not who you want to represent the PRD, but who you think will represent that party.

Feel free to share your hopes/worries concerning this.

Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I personally don't care who wins but I think "Pap?" is going to make it!

Who really cares? It can't get much worse...

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Yes it can. You must have a defective memory.

Thanks for the insult but my memory is pretty good. I think it is a matter of personal perception.
Maybe you can help my memory and tell me what was really worse under the last government of the PRD?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks for the insult but my memory is pretty good. I think it is a matter of personal perception.
Maybe you can help my memory and tell me what was really worse under the last government of the PRD?

Yes certainly personal perception is a big part of it. In my opinion, shared by many, the PRD allowed the Drug gangs into government and once in there it's almost impossible to get them out. Certainly the PLD is almost as corrupt, however under the PRD the country was affected by one of the worst economic crisis in history, generated by the bankruptcy of three major commercial banks in the country, which resulted in high inflation, high country risk rating, currency devaluation and increasing local poverty. When the peso is pegged at 50-1 in may be great for those receiving a pension or salary in US dollars or Euros, it is not good for local Dominicans. As someone who has observed Dominican Education at the elementary and high school levels since 1998, I've observed a huge difference under the PLD. There is huge room for improvement but under the PRD education went backwards (again my opinion, shared by many). I like many , am disappoint by Leonel. I think he did a good job in his first term but has changed, becoming more like Chavez, only under stealth-attack.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I personally don't care who wins but I think "Pap?" is going to make it!

Who really cares? It can't get much worse...
Mido don't worry about your memory illness as it's a Dominican pandemic, you'll see 1.7 million votes endorsing PRD candidate in next electoral tournament.

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
No wonder the DR can't go ahead!

I voted for Hipolito Mejia when he won, but that was my biggest mistake, that man destroyed the DR economically when he was president.

Hipolito should stay in his "rancheta" raising chickens.
We make mistake in life, I did vote for Leonel in 1996 and he started growing the macro-economia and making poor people more poor as his governments are to please rich people and "Fondo monetario international" interest.
The first thing they did was to cut off all kind of help Balaguer was issuing to people, remember the famos "Botellas"... $ 200. / 300. and other small amount in order to help the very low class of DR. Then PLD have converted Botellas in Botellones creating 300 new subsecretarios de Estado making 90,000. pesos / month, redirecting theses founds that was helping the struggling dominican class toward bank accounts in other countries.

Sh**t and people have so bad memory they vote Leonel again in 2004.

Macro-economia, never heard this expression before Leonel got in office in 1996.

JJ

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hip?lito Mej?a won in this poll and in real life.

My my, could the next election become any easier for the PLD? :cheeky:

Aaaah, Dominican politics!!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.