English language testing (for Canadian skilled workers)

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Has anyone dealt with this organization? This is the company listed in item 9 of the CIC Permanent Resident ... check list. I have just sent them an email as I could not book the general test on-line. After reading the U.K. related post/thread re: english language testing, I am praying for better results.

Address:
IELTS Administrator
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

Tel: 1 954 262 8732 (USA) / 809 541 3303 / 3309 (Domi
Fax: 1 954 262 3913 (USA)
Email: ielts@talk.edu
Web: Language School, Courses in Boston, Miami, Ft Lauderdale. Translation & Interpretation - TALK International

Test Fee: Please contact test center for details

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Info received - vaild for more countries - have $$$$

Registro con US$100.- para garantizar su cupo, deducibles del costo total.
Tenemos el libro de estudio disponible por US$40.- cada uno
Si se reune el quorum antes, la fecha puede cambiar.

EXAMEN IELTS
FECHA: SABADO 30 JULIO 2011
COSTO: US$575.00
FECHA LIMITE DE REGISTRO: 30 MAYO

- El examen consta de los cuatro modulos: reading, writing, listening y speaking
- Incluye certificado y gastos de courrier (para registrados antes del 10 diciembre)
- Workshop con la metodologia del examen sera impartido el viernes antes de 6-8pm
- Lugar y horarios del examen por confirmar
- Se requiere: formulario anexo completado (excepto preguntas 5,6 y 7), 2 fotos 2x2 y copia pasaporte
- Se requiere un quorum minimo de 15 personas para garantizar la fecha del examen
- Envio de resultados en 15 dias despues del examen

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I had checked their Website and it says the fee is 185 Dollars. Also how early they will let us know that theyre is no quorum. by 30 May?

Registro con US$100.- para garantizar su cupo, deducibles del costo total.
Tenemos el libro de estudio disponible por US$40.- cada uno
Si se reune el quorum antes, la fecha puede cambiar.

EXAMEN IELTS
FECHA: SABADO 30 JULIO 2011
COSTO: US$575.00
FECHA LIMITE DE REGISTRO: 30 MAYO

- El examen consta de los cuatro modulos: reading, writing, listening y speaking
- Incluye certificado y gastos de courrier (para registrados antes del 10 diciembre)
- Workshop con la metodologia del examen sera impartido el viernes antes de 6-8pm
- Lugar y horarios del examen por confirmar
- Se requiere: formulario anexo completado (excepto preguntas 5,6 y 7), 2 fotos 2x2 y copia pasaporte
- Se requiere un quorum minimo de 15 personas para garantizar la fecha del examen
- Envio de resultados en 15 dias despues del examen

TheHun

May 4, 2008
This is the only organization here in the DR who offers this test - there is no other institute, even in Haiti. We contacted to every possible sources - including the British Embassy, but they don't offer this test.
The price is correct, US$ 575-. I believe the price in the US is only about $150, in Canada $ 240, but the IELTS center in SD has to fly the authorized test personnel from the Miami test center - that's why the high price.
My wife has to have this test and she needed to fly to Toronto to get it since she needed quickly and couldn't wait for their next test.
BTW, if they don't have enough person for the test (I believe at least 10) they will delay the test for another date, so even if you sign up and pay the deposit, you may won't be able to do the test on the given day.
If you are in a hurry to get this certification, I suggest - if you can- to travel to the US or one of the other countries nearby which offers the IELTS.

Zee

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Have to pay in full by May 30

Thanks for the replies. We just found out he has to pay the full amount/balance owing on May 30. Nephew needs to pass this test in order to come to Canada so he cannot do it here in Toronto. He does not have his US visa yet so cannot do it in Miami.