J

J.H.H.

Re: More Likely pull a "Bushism"

we know billy already sold anything he could get a nickel for

T

Tom

I think some of those "beams" leaked through your tin foil "helmet"

Poor old "Billy" Carter is long gone and hardly had the intellect to make any deals for ELINT assets

J

J.H.H.

It's billy clinton,Do I still have to explain every thing,Sorry maybe I should have used slick willy

T

Tom

Personal thing you have?

I guess you would have to explain "everything," not all of us are on such intimate terms with the former President of the United States that we adress him as "Billy". Funny thing is; I never heard anyone address him as anything other than "Bill" or William, Mr President etc. Must be a "personal thing" you two have :)

J

J.H.H.

Re: Personal thing you have?

I have called him alot of things but you can be sure it was never mr.president and as far as a personal relationship ,you tom are the one telling of how good he was.May be you have something YOU are not telling

C

CES

Re: Personal Political Information

"What makes this serious business is that for the last twenty or so years comedy has played an increasingly active role in our national politics. According to surveys, fully a third of Americans get their political information exclusively from the late night monologues of David Letterman and Jay Leno, both of whom have hosted Bush, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, and a host of other candidates and legislators."

". . . but doesn't it give anyone else the creeps that all Bush had to do to be funny and self-depracating in this post-ironic age was to stand up and tell an audience that our worst impressions of him were indeed true, with liberal self- quotations presented to support the thesis that he is unqualified for his high office and is making a complete hash of it? Bush's hosts for the evening, an association of Washington-based journalists, should have been the first to find his comments uncomfortably close to the bone. Instead, they laughed riotously, and filed copy the next day depicting Bush as the sort of good-natured fellow who doesn't mind poking fun at himself. Meanwhile, having addressed the issue of his lack of intelligence and general mediocrity in the spirit of fun, Bush and his handlers can get back to the arduous business of pretending that it isn't true."

for the full article go to "www.thespleen.com

Regards,

. . . CES

http://www.thespleen.com/politics/spunamerican/index.php?issueID=30