Sending package TO Europe

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
There is a lot in DR1 how to send a package TO DR, but I tried to send a 60lb package to Europe and all the couriers in Sosua area rejected it. They receive from Europe but send only to US and Canada. Does anybody knows a way to send this package to Europe from the North Coast?

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
There is a lot in DR1 how to send a package TO DR, but I tried to send a 60lb package to Europe and all the couriers in Sosua area rejected it. They receive from Europe but send only to US and Canada. Does anybody knows a way to send this package to Europe from the North Coast?
I think the postal service has a special service for small exporters. It will take about a month or so. Look up on internet. Suspect organised from Santo Domingo
Best to fax or e-mail CPS in Santiago or Santo Domingo for air dispatch.

Yanandu

Feb 7, 2007
Fedex, UPS and DHL will all ship to Europe. Your local agent for these companies would be one or more of the following:
- Local Vimenca/Vimenpaq office (DHL, Fedex)
- Local Caribe Express Offie (DHL, Fedex, UPS)
- Local Metropack office (UPS)

Another option is to use Express Mail Service (EMS), which is a courier-like, trackable delivery service from postal service companies around the world. the cost is similar to courier services (DHL, Fedex) but about 20-25% less. Guaranteed time about 5 business days for packages to Europe.

From the above-mentioned full courier services I would go with DHL, because it's a European company (owned by Deutsche Post) and has the widest European network and several European hubs.

Also DHL is the only courier company in the DR that sends packages/letters to Cuba (and they are expensive, ouch!)