Cabarete's Front Loop Cafe reopened after fire

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
The almost secret, difficult to find Front Loop Cafe at Natalie Simon's windsurfing/kitesurfing center has reopened after a fire destroyed it a few months back. Tony, the chef, is in his full chef's uniform making his magic in the kitchen. Its one of the few places in Cabarete where you can find eggs with homefries, toast and fruit and the price is only 100 pesos. The club sandwich is divine. I tried three different Italian Ice's that were home made magnificence from fresh fruits. The limon ice was mouth-puckering, the pineapple sweet but not too sweet, the vanilla/caramel was simply perfect.

Take the alleyway to Pomodoro's and Celina's, go left past Mohito bar (whose sandwiches and fresh fruit smoothie's for 150 pesos are the best deal and meal in town for lunch) and continue about 50 meters. Its just past Palm Beach condo's.

I give both the Front Loop and Mohito bar two thumbs up.

For the very best pollo guisado (creole chicken) that i've ever had go to Celina's. Its 200 pesos and has some secret ingredient that makes it taste different and better than any I've ever tried. Celina says the secret ingredient is "love" so we know its something special (If you can figure out what it is, I'd love to know)