Entrance Gate

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
Good Morning,

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for where to buy an entrance gate. Ideally somewhere in the Sosua to Gasper Hernandez area. We were thinking of aluminum as the material.

Thanks!

pas

Jun 7, 2004
what kind of entrance gate???

for persons getting in your property..
or one for a car???
a manual one ?
or electrick fence

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
cast iron

I expect that you will pay a high price for aluminum. In the DR there are a large number of craftsman who work in cast iron. My gate is fairly large, about 8 feet high and about 12-15 feet long. It is on rollers and runs on a single track of iron that is L shaped and set on its open side. It has worked well for years. I give it a shot of spray lubricant from time to time to keep the rollers moving smoothly. It opens with hardly any effort just so long as I spray it twice a year. If you look at others gates you will rarely see aluminum. Good luck!!!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We had two large iron gates made for our drive at a very reasonable price. this was 4 years ago and they are doing just fine. You need to paint them every couple of years. PM me if you want the fabricators information.

Bob K

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks everyone for the info. If anyone else has recommendations we'd love to hear them.