Extended visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
I am considering an extended visit to the DR in the future. I have no concrete plans as of yet & am trying to get as much information as I can to help my 'stay' be easier & so on. I've found some info out myself but wanted to ask a direct question & get some opinions of the more experienced 'travellers' and those who have immigrated there.

I was curious what you think is the 'nicest' area to live/stay in?? I'm looking for something relatively cheap but also want to be 'safe' & 'comfortable' so I'm curious about the range of price. As of right now I don't know a budget which is why I'm asking the questions for, to know what I have in store for me. My cousin will probably be joining me so we can share the cost of a place to live while there as well as food etc.

I want to have fun while there... experience some of the culture & lifestyle, possibly even do some volunteer work while there??

How long do you suspect would be a good length of time to really know if you could or would want to move to the Dominican permanently?? I was thinking of staying at least a month, possibly two... and then decide on longer?? My current situation doesn't allow for me to move permanently & of course I want to be real about it and get a feel for what life is like there.

Any help, advice, tips... whatever would be appreciated. Again as of right now there is no destined timeline, just gathering information & opinions.

Thanks in advance. :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You need to spend 4-5 hrs reading as much as you can on this forum, it's a wealth of information. Then come back and ask "specific" questions, as right now questions like you're asking are very general, like how long is a piece of string.

We have 60,000+ members that can help and 850,000+ posts that will help you get to know the DR. Plus the 1,000's of other pages on the website.

I'll close this until you have done some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.