Open Man Hole Covers In Sosua!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I would like to thank the person that placed a tire and a suitcase and bricks over the manhole cover on the road into Sosua.

This is also from the right turn from the old carwash

Always a new day

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I read somewhere that in Santo Domingo there are a lot of manhole covers missing because people steal them for scrap iron.

Too bad they couldn't have put a palm tree in that open manhole rather than the tire and bricks. It would have been scenic...lol....

:chinese::chinese::chinese:

Reactions: mike l and Celt202

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Welcome to "The World of the rest of the D.R." Mike.

We suffer all the time here in Santiago with that, only usually there is no tire, palm tree, etc. to mark the missing manhole cover.

The first indication of the missing cover is usually discovered about 5 feet before hitting the hole.

The rest of us in Santiago also suffer from many instant "Sink Holes" in the roadway.

SantiagoDR

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Generally speaking there is a lackadasical lazy approach road care and maintenance in the DR. I've seen roads and residential streets in the same subpar and beatup conditions for years and the local government doesn't repair them either there is little money to fix them or the local politicians keep the money fix their streets, homes, and buy vehicles with the money most likely the latter!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If people could sue and win big awards here, the problems would be taken care of more quickly. This would be a paradise for accident chasers otherwise.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If people could sue and win big awards here, the problems would be taken care of more quickly. This would be a paradise for accident chasers otherwise.
That's a beautiful part of this country, there isn't a lawyer behind every tree looking for easy money.

If US tort law was in the DR about every fun spot would be shut down.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Welcome to "The World of the rest of the D.R." Mike.

We suffer all the time here in Santiago with that, only usually there is no tire, palm tree, etc. to mark the missing manhole cover.

The first indication of the missing cover is usually discovered about 5 feet before hitting the hole.

The rest of us in Santiago also suffer from many instant "Sink Holes" in the roadway.

SantiagoDR
Don, I just assume every manhole has no cover. It's easier that way.

Especially on a motorcycle.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Don, I just assume every manhole has no cover. It's easier that way.

Especially on a motorcycle.

It?s amazing how they sneak up on you sometimes, especially with drivers cutting in and out of lanes constantly. One just does not have time to react in some cases.

Reactions: mike l
I would like to thank the person that placed a tire and a suitcase and bricks over the manhole cover on the road into Sosua.

This is also from the right turn from the old carwash

Always a new day

That ones o a side street and you can see it fairly easy but there are 2 coming out of Puerto Plata near Costa Dorada in right lane and also there are several between the airport in Cibao on your way into Santiago on the main Hwy, This is why I love driving in DR, it is like a real life video game with new challenges as you increase your abilities.

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
That ones o a side street and you can see it fairly easy but there are 2 coming out of Puerto Plata near Costa Dorada in right lane and also there are several between the airport in Cibao on your way into Santiago on the main Hwy, This is why I love driving in DR, it is like a real life video game with new challenges as you increase your abilities.

You must be a fan of the video game" grand theft auto " Take Two is a hot stock so Buy , Buy , BUY.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
i do agree their construction guys work the same as ours up north...
like 7 standing around a 9 ft hole....watching 1 guy dig it out....
lol almost felt like i was at home for a moment :)
maybe someone forget to tick of the list that a manhole was required ? :p

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I love the way that, in the past couple of weeks, they have gone along the road from Sosua to Cab and marked in orange every little pothole and uneven part of the road...

....then waited until the paint has faded completely and will then probably fill one in every five
:(

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
oh, and also the amount of cash that has been spent on planting palms and laying grass all along the highway coming west out of Cab...

...might have been better if they had spent the money on putting some f@cking street lights in!!

(or maybe they are waiting for the palms to grow so they can attach the lights to the trees??)

Status
Not open for further replies.