ottawa to la Romana

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
I am finding it very hard to find flights into La Romana or las americas from ottawa (or montreal). My last 3 trips have been into Punta Cana and I cannot do the three hour drive to Boca Chica and Juan Dolio any more. If there is a flight to la Romana, its usually on an American carrier that takes me 8 hours with 3 U.S stop overs- when I could get there in 3 hours from here.
Any info, any carriers that I am missing? Even A/I's that are listed as being at a hotel in Boca Chica have the airport as Punta Cana. that 3 hour drive would be killer for some people who weren't expecting it.
help:)

mudmommy

Oct 14, 2010
There is a flight from Toronto to La romana via west jet on saturdays and air canada on on fridays i think,, but it is limited until the end of April first of May,,

Mudmommy

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Boca Chica is about 2-2.5 hours from La Romana airport over some roads of questionable quality and safety. The heart of Boca Chica is only 15-25 minutes traveling the highway from Santo Domingo's Las Americas airport and further on Juan Dolio is about 30-40 minutes from SDQ.

Plus, you will have better fare deals and more frequent flight opportunites by flying into SDQ.

Regards,
PJT

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Newark

What about Porter Airlines - Ottawa to Newark and then Continental to RD ?

The Toronto or montreal routes sound easier.... but the CDN flights are more costly.

WW

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Boca Chica? Why?

Hi:

If your last three trips were to Punta Cana why would you go to Boca Chica? You will be totally disappointed with what you have become accustomed to. IF you are flying out of Canada why not fly into El Catey Airport and stay in Las Terrenas on the Samana Peninsula. From the airport to your hotel in Las Terrenas it is 45 minutes. This is the up and coming area in the DR and probably has the nicest beaches in the country. Also, if you speak French that is a plus. There are about 5000 French citizens living in Las Terrenas. Many of the hotel and restaurants are owned by them. Check out www.lasterrenaslive and www.samanapeninsula.com.

S

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
el Catey

Best airport in the country..... even the attitude of the staff is excellent....especially vs POP

Usually just one plane on the tarmac..... ideal.

WW

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
Steve
I frequent Boca Chica because we have good local friends there. What we usually do is book an all inclusive for a week from Ottawa, they all fly into Punta Cana. We waive the ticket home and book out of Santo Domingo a few weeks later to go home. I have visited many places within the country and always end up back in Boca Chica or Juan Dolio.
Like I said, it's just tough finding flights out of Ottawa to Santo Domingo that won't cost me my left leg.