Chez Arsenio...anyone eat there?

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Chez Arsenio on the beach between Perla Marina and Encuentro (Cabarete/Sosua) certainly has a great location and a good looking menu but i cant seem to find anyone who has actually eaten there!

Anyone here who knows it? Is the food good? Looking for nice places to take my sister when she comes to visit next week.

Thanks

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
The food is great. Wonderfull service. Good prices. On Wed. they have a great deal. Choice of 5 3 course meals, for I think 250Rd. We've been away and haven't been in a month. Will be going back next week. Their steak is one of the better ones, we've had.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Been there once with 10 friends and six complained their food was cold, they also forgot to bring food out to us. Some more friends went on another day and they also complained the food was cold.
So nice setting but I wont be rushing back.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
It would seem that they cant cope with a large group as ours was also cold in a group of about 8 I think......but is nice for a smaller group of people....a lot of places havent found the art of warming a plate yet

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I've probably eaten there 10-12 times, and have never had a bad meal.
My new favorite is the Friday night Langostino special (with rice and a decent salad) for i believe 400 pesos.

SANY2130.jpg

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I've probably eaten there 10-12 times, and have never had a bad meal.
My new favorite is the Friday night Langostino special (with rice and a decent salad) for i believe 400 pesos.

SANY2130.jpg

400 pesos?

I'm there!!!!!:cheeky:;)

CabVacVilla

Oct 15, 2010
Chez Arsenio-close to Encuentro Beach

Hello, I have dined there 3 times, agree, setting is great, food great, reasonable prices...and as the word gets out,...were someone can go and eat with an oceanview, not be bothered, by nuisances or police,..they will be very, very busy. Cheers

Jan 17, 2009
Great food, beautiful presentation, friendly staff and Dominican owned.

Not that it matters with regards to the food, service, or ambiance, but it's owned by an American lady. Arsenio is the chef and manager. He gave us her business card last year.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
i know the threat is 1 year old ...
is the restaurant still as good as promoted from you all?
any specials at some days? do they prepare lunch too?

We wanted to go there next week end with friends and family.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I would say good but not brilliant- the last time we were there we were given a specials menu but were not advised that only one thing was actually available, quite funny really as we all ordered something different and were told it turn they that they didnt have it --- oh well its usually better than that and the setting is good

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Last time after i ate langostinos there i had *excuse me my french* diarrhea. But it was only that time.. i think langostinos werent fresh. Other times my bowels coped with food without issues.

Dec 26, 2011
Last time after i ate langostinos there i had *excuse me my french* diarrhea. But it was only that time.. i think langostinos werent fresh. Other times my bowels coped with food without issues.

Interesting testimonial for a commercial..."my bowels coped with food without issues".

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
We ate there twice..

Were not blown away by the meal, but have to say value for money is great, as long as you stay away from their winelist.

BelgianK

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We ate there recently. Food was ok but almost everything we asked for they did not have including most of thier "special" menu.

Won't be rushing back.

Bob K

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
was that you on the other table lol....it was a about three weeks ago, it wouldnt have been so bad if the waiter had said what wasnt available before everyone chose