rep. dom

S

Sophie

Hello!!

I went several times to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana, Boca Chica,Puerto Plata,San Pedro de Macoris...) and I really love this country.

I'd like to know if it's possible for me to go over there for some months,better not in a hotel...I'd like to help the people from the Dominican Republic,maybe there're associations I could help or something...
In fact,I would like to live there, but I'm too young and I prefer to stay only some months to see if I really could live there...

I hope you could give me some more informations about that...
Thank you very much for your help...
I'm waiting for your news.

Bye.

Sophie

H

Henry

What do you like to do? How good is your spanish? For a regular work you would need the residency! Without it you would be free to any abuse and may even would have to face problems with the migration! Or may you like to stay on an education practicum on a farm?

Please let us know more to give you more precise recomendations!

Henry

J

Julia

If you just want to stay without working, you can stay for 3 months. If you want to stay there, then you will have to apply for a residence, but it's expensive (1000$ US) and you need a Dominican to sign for you, you need an open count, you need a job!Or you can apply for a worknig visa in your country and then go there, you will have you visa for a couples of months!
Good Luck!

C

catherine

Re: rep. dom??????????????????????

so that means that if i want to go live and work in DR i have to pay 1000 us dollars for residency. I thought i just had to take out a work permit over there at the least

T

Tom

Catherine

Before you become too alarmed I would wait for another response or do an archive search. Many posts regarding residency have been made in the past and I don't ever recall a $1000 fee. I'm just "guessing, but it could be 1000 pesos (about 60.00) or the fee someone paid to an attorney for assistance

Tom

H

Henry

Residencia

When I wanted to go to the DR, I needed a migrant visa, which was easy to get at the Dom. Consulate! Then over here you have to apply for residencia, which will cost around USD 1000.-- for the lawyer to do the job! It is that expensive, because there is a lot of work involved and lots of steps to do (Health control, Drug and criminal archives etc. etc.) Always remember, we are a third world country and the laws and rules over here may change any time! At my time, it took at least 3 month to get the provisional residencia, which will change into a definitive residencia after one year! (Usually this change will be attended by the same lawyer with no aditional costs!)

Good luck!

Henry

(do not pay the lawyer all the money in advance, let's start with a third part of the agreed total!)

S

Sophie

I don't really know what are the possibilities for me in the D.R...I have some friend sover there,maybe they could help me...For the moment, I just would like to know if it's possible for me to go over there and stay some time...and maybe a little longer...

I 'd like to meet people who did that...maybe you did...

thanks...

J

Julia

Yes Catherine, is that expensive for the residency! But you don'T have to ask for your residency! Me, I am just going with a working visa, you don't need a residency for the moment! When your working visa is finish you can ask for another one! But for the residency it's really around 1000$ USD :( Go with a working visa and then you'll see after what you want to do!

P

puchungita

i guess things changed beacause i was there 1year and half without visa.. and i was working officially at the airport.. i had just paid the toursim card every 3 months about 10 us ..and fo the residencia..if you speaks spanish and do by yourself all the work you will save money but you will practice your patience