Medical Examination

carlito11

Feb 21, 2011
I am applying for my residency to the DR and I am trying to clarify the information on the Medical Examination. I am planning to be there in April to get the rest of the paperwork completed i.e. local police check, photos, notarized guarantor etc.

I've been reading that you have to get authorized for the medical exam. What does this mean exactly? How do you schedule an appointment? If I am there for a week would this be enough time?

Thanks in advance!!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I am applying for my residency to the DR and I am trying to clarify the information on the Medical Examination. I am planning to be there in April to get the rest of the paperwork completed i.e. local police check, photos, notarized guarantor etc.

I've been reading that you have to get authorized for the medical exam. What does this mean exactly? How do you schedule an appointment? If I am there for a week would this be enough time?

Thanks in advance!!

You don't need to schedule an appointment, just go there! Authorization means you show your passport at the appropiate window and get a stamp that you can go ahead. It is like checking if you are "generally" eligible...

carlito11

Feb 21, 2011
Gracias Mido! Any advice on what time to 'show' up at? Planning to be there over easter or just after. are they generally open before and after?

Gracias!!