Santiago Cigar Tour Question

Stroller

Mar 7, 2011
Hello everyone!

I'm flying into Santiago in a couple weeks and thought about visiting a cigar factory before driving to Samana. I was looking for a suggestion or three on where to stop. I'm not even sure if that is an option, I've been looking around online & not finding much. I thought there might be a list of factories that are open to the public or something of that sort.

I do enjoy a good smoke.

Thanks for the help!

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
Tabacalera Victor Ure?a

If you are willing to take the 30 min. drive to Tamboril you can drop in to see Victor. He has a small factory and he produces very fines cigar, top quality.
Tell him Tom from Canada sent you.

It is an easy drive and worth the trip. There is another factory just across the street and I am sure they would be willing to show you around as well.

You can PM me for directions and Victor's contact info.

I brought back some of his cigars to my buddies that usually only smoke Ashton, Arturo Fuente, and Cohibas etc and there were very pleased with his product.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most of the major factories are located in Free Zones and are restricted access. The smaller factories in Villa Gonzalez, Navarrete and Tamboril are more open and casual. For example the oldest cigar producer in the DR is located just down the road from the Davidoff factory, if you know where to look.

You can PM me for more info on either Tamboril or other areas...no problem.

HB