Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default San Pedro de Macoris?

Anyone have any info to share? Good place to live? What is it like?

Saw a rental online for just under $1000US is this a good price? It included a bunch of 'luxuries' (jacuzzi, pool, air conditioning & everything you need to 'live' ~ linens, utensils, appliances etc)

Sounds too good to be true?? It's close to the beach, pics are beautiful, furnished apartment, 2bdrms, 2 bathrooms... the list goes on. I'm wondering what's wrong with this place? There has to be a catch??

Anyone??

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I realize for the luxuries, that price is probably really good... what I meant in asking was the place itself... crime rate, safety, cleanliness, location to other surrounding cities etc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

$1000 is a lot. Where did you see it online? It is overpriced and catered to an American with loose pockets.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zap28 View Post
    I'm wondering what's wrong with this place?

Anyone??
    The rental is in a dirty town with a lot of garbidge.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sp

I have lived in Juan Dolio next to San Pedro for years. I am across the street from the beach, have many amenities, pool, security etc....and pay less than $600 a month for a 2bdrm. San Pedro is crazy, dirty, loud, I would never want to live there, although I visit often.

Why not check out Juan Dolio? that price does seem REALLY high for that city, and JD is only 10 minutes away. Let me know if you want any assistance

D

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input... seems I don't know anything about anything, lol. I figured it was a decent price, lol. I am not rich by any means ~ just figured with everything it offered.

Dana, thank you... I will definitely check it out b/c I'm interested in finding a decent place to stay should I get the opportunity to come live for a while.

Expect a PM from me at some point, lol. Appreciate your input. xx

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaP View Post
    I have lived in Juan Dolio next to San Pedro for years. I am across the street from the beach, have many amenities, pool, security etc....and pay less than $600 a month for a 2bdrm. San Pedro is crazy, dirty, loud, I would never want to live there, although I visit often.

Why not check out Juan Dolio? that price does seem REALLY high for that city, and JD is only 10 minutes away. Let me know if you want any assistance

D
    This advice is totally correct ,,Juan Dolio has several great restaurants , two very good beaches , and various other attractions and is much cleaner than san pedro ..maybe hard to get a place there as cheap as in San Pedro

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything you find online is going to be more expensive.
    It is best to go there and look for tons of places with for rent signs. I agree with DanaP to check out JD. I am sure you will find something cheaper than $1000 in JD. For sure there are much more expensive places in JD too if you only look at the new condos. San Pedro is no place for a rookie.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling333 View Post
    .maybe hard to get a place there as cheap as in San Pedro

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dre Broeders View Post
    My sentiments also. Have rents gotten that expensive in JD?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast