Closing gas stations.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The government is considering closing gas stations in the weekends to save gasoline. Fill up your tank. Read here.
Someone help me with this please. How is closing the gas stations on weekends going to save gas? People will just buy more Fridays and Mondays. Am I missing something here? What about the deal with Venezuela?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Someone help me with this please. How is closing the gas stations on weekends going to save gas? People will just buy more Fridays and Mondays. Am I missing something here? What about the deal with Venezuela?

Don't try to attach logic and reason when dealing with banana governments.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Funny it is..

How is closing the gas stations on weekends going to save gas? People will just buy more Fridays and Mondays.

..LOL.. yeah.. I was thinking the same, but then I thought perhaps it?s just my brain that?s not working today.. well.. anyway.. I?m going to load up on Friday morning before the rest of you guys line up at the pumps in the afternoon...LOL

Don't try to attach logic..

It?s called reverse logic...LMAO

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

you will be surprised to see how many will forget to fill up.
AZB

May 5, 2007
They tried that is US during one of the Gas crisis, guess the thought is people will take less unnecessary weekend trips if there is no available gas

the US is going to try it with aircraft, only allowing you to get 1/2 the fuel your flight plan demands at one time

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Petrol rationing is good. During the Suez crisis in the UK a normal ration ( for our family for example ) was 2 gallons a month.
Of course at the time many trains were steam.

Yanandu

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Petrol rationing is good...

I don?t disagree on that, people should probably drive less (myself included), but closing gas stations in the weekend is not rationing gasoline. It?s kind of the same as keeping the gas stations closed at night so you have to fill your tank at day time. If the stations are closed in the weekend you fill up on Friday to make sure it?s enough for the weekend and then fill again on Monday.

you will find something like a black market where you can buy gas on weekends.

This can be interesting, if it happens.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
They tried that is US during one of the Gas crisis, guess the thought is people will take less unnecessary weekend trips if there is no available gas

the US is going to try it with aircraft, only allowing you to get 1/2 the fuel your flight plan demands at one time

Never heard about the aircraft plan yet. That would be very dangerous and illegal in some cases as there is a required quantity minimum for each flight.
Can you refer me to the article please?

May 5, 2007
Never heard about the aircraft plan yet. That would be very dangerous and illegal in some cases as there is a required quantity minimum for each flight.
Can you refer me to the article please?

Sort of figured anyone reading that would get it as a joke.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Sort of figured anyone reading that would get it as a joke.

Mea Culpa.
(Although they are capable of lots of idiocities !)
It is true though that some airlines are already restricting the fuel load so tightly that the pilot's options are getting less.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Mea Culpa.
(Although they are capable of lots of idiocities !)
It is true though that some airlines are already restricting the fuel load so tightly that the pilot's options are getting less.

This would really suck if assigned to a protracted holding pattern.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I expect there will still be access in places around the city. It has to be a good thing that they are addressing the problem before it becomes a crisis.

What do you suggest as a solution?
Carry on until the taps run dry or try to gain some control over the drain on supplies?
Maybe holding deliveries for a week, forcing closure and then rationing stations themselves depending on traffic status would be ideal, and I am suprised that is not on the cards as it leaves room for extortion.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
It?s good the government is addressing a potential problem, I just can?t see how closing the gas stations over the weekend can solve the problem.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It?s good the government is addressing a potential problem, I just can?t see how closing the gas stations over the weekend can solve the problem.

I was asking what your proposal is, keep them open, iognore it and cross our fingers?
It is easy to slam something, but not that creative if you can't think of a better alternative.