Cabarete Public School English Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoTom

Apr 15, 2010
Is there any way a non resident can verify if a child is attending English classes in the Cabarete public school system? I do not know the name of the school, but the child is 13.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Nope

The public school system in the DR is a shambles. Even if they are getting instruction in English it is very poor and I would not expect much. they will not speak English from the level of instruction in the public system. In my past experience the public schools offered French of all things and not English. Only hope of a decent education is the private for profit educational system.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The public school system in the DR is a shambles. Even if they are getting instruction in English it is very poor and I would not expect much. they will not speak English from the level of instruction in the public system. In my past experience the public schools offered French of all things and not English. Only hope of a decent education is the private for profit educational system.

Both French and English are taught in Public schools in the DR. Often the teacher can speak neither language. The children are taught the basics, whether they learn and retain them is another thing altogether.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The OP was looking to see if a child was in school in Cabarete. I think you might be able to contact the Dream Project and they might be able to help you.

The DREAM Project

At least they could give you contact information on who to contact at the local schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.