Las terrazas - sosua

amazingbest

Mar 9, 2011
Hi, new member - great forum you guys have here!

I will be renting from amber guardian.

i believe the place is called VILLA - which is across from the park, off rosen.

i have read 2 reviews saying that the condo complex, las terrazas, is noisy, in bad shape from the exterior (run down), had a lot of 'gang activity' surrrounding it, and i heard the interior was unwashed and smelly.

of course, those were 2 reviews and hundreds have occupied these condos in the last 5 years - so anyone have any experiences with how the condos look from the inside and if the park area is a hostile environment?

Oct 11, 2010
amazingbest, welcome to dr1!

The Las Terrazas apartements are located right in front of the new park being constructed at the end of Calle Dr Rosen overlooking the beach. So there is some noise from the construction. However, I think the heavy construction, such as demolition of the street, etc. is finished, so depending on what they are up to will determine the noise level. I don't think it's that bad.

The complex itself is not noisy at all. The exterior could use some touch-up paint, but nothing major. The inside of the apartments I have seen (as recently as last week we had clients there) were beautiful, clean, well-appointed, in perfect condition. Definitely not "unwashed and smelly". This has always been the case at Las Terrazas as far as I know. Apartments are rented by different rental agencies and also individuals, so I suppose it can vary depending on the company or individual renting the apartment

Amber Guardian, for me, has been a well run company, if they are renting you the apartment, you shouldn't have any problems. I have been dealing with them for years and so far, no matter where they have rented apartments for us it has always been a good experience.

As far as "gang activity" around the complex, this is the first time I ever heard anything about that. It doesn't exist. I pass the block constantly and there is no "gang activity" going on over there. The condo has 24 hour security and is gated so nobody goes in or out without security supervision. Perhaps because it lies at the end of a dead-end street it might seem a little isolated but as far as I know the area is pretty safe.

Enjoy your stay!!!