where can i buy a (cheap) water dispenser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Im looking for one of those plastic dispensors for the large water bottles (garafon). The water bottle sits upside down on it and you dispense the water with a little tap.

There is one in Playero for 900pesos...anyone know where i can get one a little cheaper??

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You should be able to get one cheaper in the ferreteria in Charamicos.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
one other

There is another style I have seen in the ferreretias. It is a kind of a swivel. You put the bottle in it and when you want water you tilt it on a kind of swing. Dont know the price but its an alternative. I always suspected that the tap style would wear out quickly like all those plastic bottle sprayers. P/P has some much larger hardware stores.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
There is another style I have seen in the ferreretias. It is a kind of a swivel. You put the bottle in it and when you want water you tilt it on a kind of swing. Dont know the price but its an alternative. I always suspected that the tap style would wear out quickly like all those plastic bottle sprayers. P/P has some much larger hardware stores.

Ok, ill look out for it. There's also the little pump system as well which i would be happy with if i could find it

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Some of my in-laws use the swivel - I don't like it because you don't have a seal on the water bottle. Some people leave a plastic cup over the top, or stick the opened cap - not very sanitary.

We tried the pump too, in fact I have a brand new one in a sealed package at our house - they don't work that great

We bought a nice ceramic crock and it works great. After years the spigot may start leaking, but we found replacements [in several sizes!] in La Sirena for about 80 pesos. Ours still doesn't leak, but I bought an extra one 'just in case' - of course, if I didn't buy it the next day it would have leaked, but since I have the replacement I probably won't need it.:ermm:

My husband bought a little miniature ceramic crock with a spigot that came with a plastic bottle - probably holds about 48 ounces of water. We bought a nice little brushed stainless steel shelf at IKEA and put the crock on it in our bathroom - no more running back and forth to the kitchen to take pills or brush teeth with 'good' water.

AE

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Some of my in-laws use the swivel - I don't like it because you don't have a seal on the water bottle. Some people leave a plastic cup over the top, or stick the opened cap - not very sanitary.

We tried the pump too, in fact I have a brand new one in a sealed package at our house - they don't work that great

We bought a nice ceramic crock and it works great. After years the spigot may start leaking, but we found replacements [in several sizes!] in La Sirena for about 80 pesos. Ours still doesn't leak, but I bought an extra one 'just in case' - of course, if I didn't buy it the next day it would have leaked, but since I have the replacement I probably won't need it.:ermm:

My husband bought a little miniature ceramic crock with a spigot that came with a plastic bottle - probably holds about 48 ounces of water. We bought a nice little brushed stainless steel shelf at IKEA and put the crock on it in our bathroom - no more running back and forth to the kitchen to take pills or brush teeth with 'good' water.

AE

Hmm, though i like the sound of it, this is beginning to sound a bit more than i need, but thanks for the suggestion!

Surely the cheaper plastic stands are not soooo hard to find...are they? :surprised

ps you really use 'mineral' water to brush your teeth? Well, i guess maybe you can get sick from brushing teeth with local water but it seems unlikely to me

Status
Not open for further replies.