Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with Hyundai

The engine block has cracked on our 2011 Hyundai Tucson. My wife has been told of at least 5 similar instances of blown engines in the new Hyundais. Has anyone heard of or had a similar problem?

thanks,

Danny

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,what size is your motor?My wife own a 2009 Santa Fe with a 3.3L V6 and it's running fine.My sister-in-law bought a 2010 Santa Fe and she had a lot of problem with the transmission.It was so bad that,for a small fee, Hunday changed it for a 2011.
    At least,yours is still under warranty.
    Good luck.

Mike

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Now I'm scared

I'm looking for a jeepeta and Hyundai was my first choice. But now ??????

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You were looking for a jeepeta and Hyundai was your first choice was your first mistake. You could have gotten a Ford Escape or a Honda CRV but no...Now if this car is in DR I have no idea how you are going to get this fixed. Because there is no warranty and I wanna know who is going to pay the $3K for the replacement motor?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I'm looking for a jeepeta and Hyundai was my first choice. But now ??????
    Listado de Nissan en venta en la República Dominicana - SuperCarros.com

A much better car at the same price as the Tucson.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, most 2006- mid 2009 Honda Civic 1.7L engine blocks are cracking like crazy, so it's not just the Korean brands.
    I have heard of the problem, but so far it effects the 4 cylinder blocks.

The Hun

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    You were looking for a jeepeta and Hyundai was your first choice was your first mistake. You could have gotten a Ford Escape or a Honda CRV but no...Now if this car is in DR I have no idea how you are going to get this fixed. Because there is no warranty and I wanna know who is going to pay the $3K for the replacement motor?
    My first choice but I haven't bought anything yet. A friend of mine swears by them. Has bought 4 so far, travel all over the DR with no problems. Anyway, I'm still shopping.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    For a tune up on a Ford scape he will be charged with four hours labor as to replace the sparks plugs I'll have to remove the intake manifold.

JJ

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

use platinum plugs so you only have to do it once.

and those 1.7L 4 cyls are Korean casted also.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Racer three weeks ago a friend of mine trying to go around with the mechanical broke the spark plug on #2 cylinder of his Pontiac gran prix.
    He is lucky I could get it out using one of those extractor for stripped screws with no damage to the threads or to the engine. I idled the motor for a little bit before installing the new spark p. just in case any small part of metal to be dropped inside the cylinder when drilling.

JJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast