cant find a link to Apart-Hotel Lomar anywhere - need to book

kreegs1

Feb 1, 2011
Im looking for a webpage or link to find Apart-Hotel Lomar
in Puerta Plata or to or way to pay online with CC

All I can find is trip advisor based stuff and when every I use their portals the websites dont list this hotel at all

ANYONE BEEN THERE , STAYED THERE - WHERE DID YOU PAY - thanks guys getting desperate

Sunkissed

Jan 17, 2011
Are you sure???

Hi, I stayed at this place last July....booked over the phone 809-320-8555...don't know if that numbers still working or not though. They didn't require a deposit and they take credit card payments on the day of arrival so don't worry about that.

Can I just add though, have you been there before? Was it recommended to you?

I suppose it ALL depends on what you are looking for but, personally, if you're hearts not set on it research a little further and maybe think about looking for somewhere else!

We paid up front for 21 nights (big mistake - we left after 3 room changes and 6 nights) and for whatever reason, the staff haven't yet been on the course for refunding your credit card so it was fairly expensive for a week of torture but what a great scam if you can carry it off (and they did...with a smile!!) Can't even say they were just ripping off a Gringa cos my other half is Dominican.

Nothing worked and that included TV's, fridges, showers and in one room we had an electric hob that took nearly 40 minutes to boil a small pan of water for coffee on a morning which died on the last day we were there. Also we found Restaurants nearby were all closed due to lack of tourists. It was worth forfeiting the peso's to get out of there.

On the plus side, the staff are very friendly (until you leave and ask if it's possible for any part of the money refunding - just joking they were even great then, phoned for us a taxi), the rooms are fairly clean but the beds have seen better days - you automatically roll into the pre-made grooves..... I don't know, maybe we just caught them on a bad day because we had read reviews which praised it, maybe we are just fussier than we realise, I hope this helps you but just think about it and whatever you decide have a great time......I love POP and can't wait to return.

kreegs1

Feb 1, 2011
great reply

thank you very interesting , a couple of local friends suggested it to me , maybe ill take a look in person when im there -

basically read the reviews on trip advisor!!!!!

i dont want a gringo experience - all inclusive nonsence or a big hotel - do you have any other suggestions or a cheap decent local hotel there?

where did you end up after leaving there and was it better

thanks ian

fcd

Dec 29, 2010
you get what you pay for

i just got back from the DR last week, and stayed at Lomar. Essentially you get what you pay for. The hotel is located across from a good part of the beach. there are a couple restaurants around it, and was always open when I went to look for something to eat.

As for the rooms, the previous poster is correct, the beds have seen better days. i was having backaches every morning, on the last day, i was checking under the bed to see if anything rolled under the bed, and i discovered the reason for the backaches...lol, the middle bed support was broken in the middle..lol. The rooms are clean, but very basic. TV worked, the shower worked, (although there was intermittent bursts of cold water).

As far as i know they dont have a website, I would suggest just calling to make a reservation, I didn't use a credit card to confirm, so maybe you can get away with the same. I would suggest paying in Pesos, because they use a lower exchange rate if you use US $.

If i remember correctly pricing was as follows;
1100 pesos/ day - I believe was a basic room, 1 bed, shower, tv
1400 pesos / day - 2 bed - room, tv, couch, fridge, shower, AC (i think it depends on the room, but may include a balcony)
1600 persos/day - bigger version of the 1400 room
2200 pesos /day (or something like that) - was for a room with a kitchenette (i didn't actually look at the room, since i didn't need a kitchenette).

The people are great, they have security, and they look out for your best interest.

hotel is also located about a 10 minute walk from their version of a walmart, it was very convenient. Anyways, let me know if you have any other questions. cheers.