LASIK Corrective eye surgery in Santo Domingo

Miked

Jul 25, 2009
Good morning all, it's been a while since my last post. However I've been keeping up, ckecking in almost daily. DR1 is the "par exellence" website for useful info on the DR and about life there.

With that said, I've searched all the old posts about lasik, and yes, I did get some info; but it is very dated.

I'm headed to the DR in a few weeks and would like to know if there are any Doctors, Clinics, in the Santo Domingo area any of you can recommend for LASIK surgery. If so, where, how much etc...

Thanks again, DR1 for keeping me informed!

Mike D.

Miked

Jul 25, 2009
Any takers? I would really love some information on price and location, both for myself and a friend coming with me who's interested. And/or if any of you had that procedure done any where in the DR. Just a name or phone number would suffice. Flying in from L.A. " lower Alabama" :) first week of April.

Thanks
M.D.

homesearcher

Jan 4, 2011
lasik

U should be aware that a very small portion of patients end up with dry eye, permanent halos, and most all lose farsightedness and have to wear reading glassses. My vision is not as acute(detailed) as with glasses, but it is nic e to wake and see the alarm clock.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I am also interested...

the threa Bronxboy refers to is from 2007. More updated info/experiences please... I had somebody saying that medical insurance can cover some of it. Is that right?

george1

Jan 2, 2011
INSTITUTO ESPAILLAT CABRAL - Centro Oftalmol?gico Especializado
My friend just got both eyes done....I am amazed. No negative effects since the surgery 6 months ago. If you would have known how badly off he was before and what vision he has now. There is no price to big for that. I will be going for it soon as well.

Best of Luck!

Good morning,

I hope all is well. I just want to take a moment to follow up. How did you make out so far? Please keep me posted...I have in mind going that direction very soon as well. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very kindly.

george1

Jan 2, 2011
Can he see near well? also how much did he pay for his op?

He has a vision now, that I would call very impressive for anyone. I remarked on his good night vision and also his ability to read very small things on the computer not knowing that he wore glasses at one point. He than showed me his glasses....in biblical days this would have been a miracle.
The cost were around $2,000 for both eyes.
Again, please keep us posted. it willl be appreciated.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I had it done in Miami about 10 or 15 years ago. There was no pain only a short headache for maybe 1 minute. I still have 20/20 vision today but its getting hard to read small things up close, say less than 10 inches in front of me. I will probably need reading glasses in a few years. Its also a bit hard for me to drive at night, I seem to get glare from oncoming lights but maybe everybody has this here with bad lighting on the roads. Overall, I am very happy with the results.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Off the wall question.

Does anyone know if this kind of surgery is recommended for someone who is diabetic?:glasses:

george1

Jan 2, 2011
Here is another question that kept me away from doing it so far, at least in my subconcious mind. I am extremely cross eyed on one eye. My glasses force the eye to look through the center and therefore the problem does not exists visibly with glasses. Does anyone know if that could be corrected as well?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Here is another question that kept me away from doing it so far, at least in my subconcious mind. I am extremely cross eyed on one eye. My glasses force the eye to look through the center and therefore the problem does not exists visibly with glasses. Does anyone know if that could be corrected as well?

Sounds like Strabismus to me. Go see an Ophthalmologist about eye muscle surgery. We are not eye experts on this forum and CANNOT give you reliable medical advice.

This thread is about LASIK providers and experiences, not any other issues or problems.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007