avarage income

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Hi, can somebody tell me what's the avarage income of a chica of 24 years that works as a secretary? She told me it's about 8000 pesos. Is that the truth? What's the avarage income of a dominican woman or a man working there ? Thanks.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"More,or Less"

That would be a "starting" salary in a small private business. It can be twice that for a secretary with good computer skills,and more for a good bilingual sec. in a big company,or international company.
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Hi, can somebody tell me what's the avarage income of a chica of 24 years that works as a secretary? She told me it's about 8000 pesos. Is that the truth? What's the avarage income of a dominican woman or a man working there ? Thanks.

average income for DR is about $3000. per year....or somewhere near 6000 pesos a month.Now the minimum wage is 3000 pesos a month.
figure it out.
My wife was making 6000 pesos a month,6 days a week,8 to 10 hours a day....that works out to around 25 pesos an hour.
I have a friend,Dominican,works for one of the large security companies,he works as a guard around the plaza colon hotel....he makes 3000 pesos bi weekly....or again,25 pesos an hour...;.
bob

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
average income for DR is about $3000. per year....or somewhere near 6000 pesos a month.Now the minimum wage is 3000 pesos a month.
figure it out.
My wife was making 6000 pesos a month,6 days a week,8 to 10 hours a day....that works out to around 25 pesos an hour.
I have a friend,Dominican,works for one of the large security companies,he works as a guard around the plaza colon hotel....he makes 3000 pesos bi weekly....or again,25 pesos an hour...;.
bob

My wife's cousins' children make approx . Boy - 11,000 per months at Wendy's in Santo Domingo, Girl - bi-lingual secretary 13,000. Other girl- new Doctor - 27,000.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bear in mind that SD has better salaries for the same type of job than the rest of the DR.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Acosta?s view coincides with those of the head of the nationwide federation of unions (CNUS), Rafael Abreu, who affirms that 78% of Dominican workers earn below RD$15,000, while 61% make less than RD$10,000,

from the link i posted

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
That would be a "starting" salary in a small private business. It can be twice that for a secretary with good computer skills,and more for a good bilingual sec. in a big company,or international company.
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
My mother have been working for many years like accounting assistant in a hospital, her salary is RD $8,000.
Fortunately she doesn't have a mortgage or a monthly rent payment as she is a lucky homeowner and from time to time I can send some Verdes to help. She is 70 years and still working.

Talvez cuando Papa gane yo puedo ver si le concigo la pencion!

JJ

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Average Income

I just read that the average Dominican worker makes approximately what is equal to $5400.00USD a year.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I just read that the average Dominican worker makes approximately what is equal to $5400.00USD a year.

With today's exchange rate at 37.60, that would work out to about 17,000 per month,....... average, I don't think so.

B in Santiago

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
average is average. there is a low minumum and then a high maximum. in 2008 an average executive salary in DR was 157k dollars a year.
Los salarios ejecutivos en Rep?blica Dominicana | Economista Dominicano
there are many people who easily make over a million dollars a year. this hikes up statistics a bit...

I agree dv8.... didn't we all have this conversation once upon a time.... long time ago..... about making big $$$ in RD.....

I think I cited Juan Perdomo and other real estate agents (esp in SDQ) who could easliy rake in more than $100-200k annually.

That doesn't even contemplate the big industrialists... we're talking "legal" incomes here :glasses:

SDQ is not a poor place, by any stretch of the imagination.
Sure - are some people poor there ? You bet..... but there is another side to that coin too.

WW

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
average is average. there is a low minumum and then a high maximum. in 2008 an average executive salary in DR was 157k dollars a year.
Los salarios ejecutivos en Rep?blica Dominicana | Economista Dominicano
there are many people who easily make over a million dollars a year. this hikes up statistics a bit...

So in other words, if Carlos Slim lived here, the "average" wage would be, what, 100,000 pesos per month. It is a misleading number that makes you believe that the "average" person here makes a lot more than they really do.

B in Santiago

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
So in other words, if Carlos Slim lived here, the "average" wage would be, what, 100,000 pesos per month. It is a misleading number that makes you believe that the "average" person here makes a lot more than they really do.

B in Santiago

It could be the difference between "mean" and "median" income.

You are on the right track.... a significant number of lower or higher incomes can skew the results in the respective direction.

WW

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

B in Santiago

statistically, if you walk your dog you have 3 legs each. that is a problem with "average" anything. while on paper 5.4 k dollars quoted before may look correct the truth is that majority od dominicans live on much less.
based on my observation here in POP 10k pesos a month (about 3.2k dollars a year) is already considered good for moderately qualified person.
while physical jobs would normally pay about 6k pesos a month (2k dollars a year), a typical behind the desk position would bring 15k pesos a month (4.8k dollars a year).

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
statistically, if you walk your dog you have 3 legs each. that is a problem with "average" anything. while on paper 5.4 k dollars quoted before may look correct the truth is that majority od dominicans live on much less.
based on my observation here in POP 10k pesos a month (about 3.2k dollars a year) is already considered good for moderately qualified person.
while physical jobs would normally pay about 6k pesos a month (2k dollars a year), a typical behind the desk position would bring 15k pesos a month (4.8k dollars a year).
What I can assure you is that 3,000. Dollars in my mom's hand are worthier than 50,000. in an American woman's hand.
We know how to handle with misery as we grew up that way. And let me tell you that my family is not the kind of common family you'll find in the very poor neighborhoods.
But compared with American life quality we are poor.

JJ