More about visas

L

Les

First of all let me thank all of the people that responded to my last missive.

I tried to be very short. I will now expand.

I am a 53 year old American university professor together with my consenting other we are considering the DR. She recieves about a pension of about $1200 per month. I have spoken( email and phone) about teaching math in a university in Santiago( I am bilingual Spanish and taught 5 years at the Universidad Catolica in Bolivia) We currently live in the Marshall Islands (RMI), a small coral rock 3000 miles west of Hawaii with no representation by most countries.We carry all our possessions, including our dog, as we move on. I am looking for a university teaching job, and together we may want to start a business. We would come directly to the DR from here with basically no stop in the US.

If anyone can reccommend a lawyer we would appreciate it.

Sorry to be so wordy

Thanks for all the help

Les

H

Henry

Sorry to ask you, are you focussing on Santo Domingo, Santiago or where? I believe all offices of migration are located in Santo Domingo! If you like to migrate to the DR, you may have to ask for migration visa in the US or wherever it is closer to you!
That way you may take every personal belongs into this country without paying to much taxes on it! (Sometimes they charge taxes on electrical equipment and binoculars, but always on cars! - It is good to have them for a long period of time, so taxes sometimes gets down to cero!) If you have a lot of personal belongings (which according to your notice does not apply), you may have to regard other things like getting the right people over here to make the custom declarations and clearance (very important!) Remember, your dog need all the papers and vacunations like any other country off the US to be accurate!

Any more questions, please feel free to ask! (I may know a lawyer for you in Sto. Dgo.!) Remeber also, residencias over here is a long, slow procedure, as you may have noticed on other messages!

Henry

F

Fabio J. Guzm?n

For an overview on the visa and residency procedure in the D.R. go to the Publications section of our website below.