Where to Stay in Santo Domingo

J

John

I'm visiting the D.R. during the first week of May (specifically Santo Domingo) to check out starting a company. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay for 2 or 3 days? I want a nice hotel but it doesn't have to top of the line, any suggestions? What are the price points?

Thanks for any info

D

David

hotel palacio calle duarte tel.6824730 very close to zona colonial and calle el conde for shopping very nice large rooms lots of colonial charm price last year was 60$us up

H

Henry

Hotel Mercurio, just on the El Conde street - brandnew and cheaper than Palacio! (Center of town on the shopping street!)

Henry

A

Andy

Try the hotel Conde de Penalba, on the Conde at Columbus Square. Prices range from the $50 and up range. There is also a nice restaurant on the ground floor where you can linger over a drink and watch the comings and goings on the square, the center of Conde activity. It is cheaper than the Mercure ($70 and up) and the Palacio ($60 and up). Try the www.zonacolonial.com site for more information on hotels in the colonial area.

M

mrbean

Here's a great place in the heart of the Zona Colonial. The owner, Betty, is great.

Bettys Exclusive Guest Quarters 12/31/99
Reviewers Rating: Excellent
Betty Marshall owns and operates one of the most unique combination of Guest House, art gallery, gift shop and restaurant in the capital city of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. Not only are her rates the most reasonable in the whole island U.S. $35.00 PP she offers a 10% discount on all items in the art gallery and restaurant. A visit is always plesant her personal touch is always present.
James Stewart

don't know the phone #, but try a search on this message board. Enjoy your stay.

D

Doug

Re: Your giving a biased Report!!!!!

Mr. Stewart; You take care of Betty's advertising; I think you should mention this when bragging about Betty's place, so as to let ppl know that your reconmadation is somewhat biased!!!

D

DR-VETERAN

Re: Your giving a biased Report!!!!!

U$ 35,00 pp is U$ 70,00/room.does this beat 5 star business hotel with great breakfast buffet at U$ 60,00/room?
quality first!

D

Doug

Re: DR-Vet

Yes I understand DR-Vet, I was referring to Mrbean reference to the part "the most reasonable rates on the whole island"