Im already assuming the answer is No? Online Broker Account?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Ya well. here is my crazy question.. Are there any on line discount broker accounts in the DR? Can one set up a discount brokerage through a DR bank, Im assuming the answer is NO!? If one trades for a living but uses for example "Think Or Swim" in Canada or the USA you are earning money in the Country 'your discount broker provided you their service..

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I do not think TD Ameritrade opened their Cabarete Kiosk yet.

If you are looking to trade offshore that is a conversation offline and not done in DR, hint.

April Crude 111, next stop 100 or 120???

Good Trading!

t'

Gordon Gekko

Nov 2, 2005
Ya well. here is my crazy question.. Are there any on line discount broker accounts in the DR? Can one set up a discount brokerage through a DR bank, Im assuming the answer is NO!? If one trades for a living but uses for example "Think Or Swim" in Canada or the USA you are earning money in the Country 'your discount broker provided you their service..

Not quite. Capital gains are sourced to where the underlying asset is domiciled (simply put, although there are exceptions where you're entitled to cash flows of a co. via derivatives, e.g., Baidu, ADR's, etc) Further, if you're a US person you're taxed on your worldwide income.

There are exclusions and differences in treatment to ordinary income vs. passive income, etc., but in essence, for your purposes, it's more related to where the security is listed than the brokerage house you use.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I do not think TD Ameritrade opened their Cabarete Kiosk yet.

If you are looking to trade offshore that is a conversation offline and not done in DR, hint.

April Crude 111, next stop 100 or 120???

Good Trading!

t'

I think we are in for a little "backwardation".. But its extremely difficult to know which way the traders on the CME floor are going to push it.
Having said that, if you play Brent, id be short now, for a little while anyways.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Not quite. Capital gains are sourced to where the underlying asset is domiciled (simply put, although there are exceptions where you're entitled to cash flows of a co. via derivatives, e.g., Baidu, ADR's, etc) Further, if you're a US person you're taxed on your worldwide income.

There are exclusions and differences in treatment to ordinary income vs. passive income, etc., but in essence, for your purposes, it's more related to where the security is listed than the brokerage house you use.

GG, good points.. "so this is the kid calls me 10 times a day" ...Bud Fox..

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Tamborista, I'm not sure if you follow the "Ferts" CF/POT/MOS/AGU..
USDA had a moderately bearish report out Friday, but they all held up nicely.. Had been selling off before that for about week. You can start nibbling if they drop to their 10 day low, set stops accordingly. I grew up near a potash mine.. ;-)

Andrew Smith

Jun 28, 2009
Hi All on here. I am a fx trader out od Bavaro and I would love to meet up with any like minded individuals. Have been trading for lasst 12 yrs and last 3 living off it. Yes it took that long..LOL
Be great to hear from anyone..

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
My friend, it's not necessary to repeat the same info over and over again. Most here check out all the latest posts so I'm sure they'll contact you if they need your services.

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk