Semana De Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

f355969

Jul 22, 2009
I'm heading to Cabarete for Easter and will be arriving on Friday April 22 2011. I have read about a no music ban until midnight on the Friday. Is this true and if so are the bars at least open earlier than midnight and still selling booze at least? Is the bigger party on the Friday or Saturday night?

Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That would be Semana Santa. It depends. In some places they observe Good Friday until 3 p.m. and then open the bars. Before, like 30 years ago, there was no music except classical music on any of the radio stations, but that is changed.

I am going to guess that Cabarete will be hopping all weekend long.

HB

Jan 17, 2009
No music until after midnight on Good Friday. A few years back, no one was serving alcoholic drinks either but is changed: some bars still serve.

Best time to party, everyone goes crazy right at midnight. Be at the beach. Party goes on practically non-stop through Sunday morning.

Horace74

Dec 9, 2010
I will also be there that weekend and I'm really looking forward to it! It sounds like there will be many more Dominicans than tourist in Sosua and Caberete.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Midnight on Friday is treated like NYE...with a countdown and explosion of music from all the bars and stages at the stroke of 12...All the restaurants and bars are open and packed Friday evening through the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.