Domincans like japaneses

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Japaneses are always welcome in DR, just watched a video on CDN news and Dominican people from Costanza agreed that Japaneses people in this area had highly contributed with the developing of this town for the past decades since Trujillo setup a Japanese colony in this part of the country.

Would be great to continue this project in a solidarity effort due to the mayor desaster of this brother nation.

I would offer to bring half million Japaneses to DR.

JJ

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Noooooooooo. no. no. You guys cant quit complaining about Haitians and now you want Japanese to come? No, you wouldnt want that. In short time those 500K would talk about you guys like you talk about Haitians.

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Noooooooooo. no. no. You guys cant quit complaining about Haitians and now you want Japanese to come? No, you wouldnt want that. In short time those 500K would talk about you guys like you talk about Haitians.

True, there is a japanese girl on facebook that is always attacking the dominicans, saying "la republica dominicana es el basurero de la humanidad" and talks about how they can't spell, that they are gross, and that they should be eliminated. It's ridiculous, she hates them so much.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Japaneses are always welcome in DR, just watched a video on CDN news and Dominican people from Costanza agreed that Japaneses people in this area had highly contributed with the developing of this town for the past decades since Trujillo setup a Japanese colony in this part of the country.

Would be great to continue this project in a solidarity effort due to the mayor desaster of this brother nation.

JJ

You're too candid for your own good. Have anybody told you this before? :cheeky:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife went to school with many Japanese Dominicans in Jarabacoa and the Dominicans and Japanese Dominican get along just fine.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
You're too candid for your own good. Have anybody told you this before? :cheeky:
There are two ethnic group for which I fell a great admiration as they have built two big nations been very very short of environmental resources; Japan & Israel.:cheeky:

I would like more of theses people in my country.

JJ

Reactions: cobraboy

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
There are two ethnic group for which I fell a great admiration as they have built two big nations been very very short of environmental resources; Japan & Israel.:cheeky:

I would like more of theses people in my country.

JJ

Are you aware that this is as obvious a flame war magnet as they come? You're practically inviting the "dominicans be rayciss'" crowd to take potshots at you. You know, political correctness and all that.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
True, there is a japanese girl on facebook that is always attacking the dominicans, saying "la republica dominicana es el basurero de la humanidad" and talks about how they can't spell, that they are gross, and that they should be eliminated. It's ridiculous, she hates them so much.

Well I would say about her is that she is upset because the Dominicans in Japan get more attention than she does.

But in a related note to what you said, I heard a radio interview today English language proficiency for ESL students in NY State. A teacher in the NYC Public School called in to the show and was disappointed with many Dominican children who come to the US as students. The consensus amongst many is that if the child is structured in the language he came from then his ability to acquire English isnt that hard. The study had determined this to be the case. This has nothing to do with the children but everything to do with the quality of the system that they come from. So the teacher was disappointed because he has Dominican students who cant write in their own language and generally dont understand the rules of grammar. He also noted that their spoken language ability equates their written language skill. His point was that if you are speaking the language correctly it makes a task of teaching them how to write it correctly. This makes it difficult for them to acquire the rules of grammar of another language.

ESL is supposed to be a normalization program for people with a proficiency in another language. And since ESL classes tend to run at a slower pace than normal classroom due to the lack of teachers proficient in ALL languages needed in a Large City School District the gifted students get robbed by performance. Which is one reason why 50% of the high school students in NYC dont graduate.

If I can find the podcast I will post a link.

What the hell is a rayciss?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Yes, this girl hates Dominicans because I have call their government out for allowing to kill 100,000 thousands of defenseless dolphins every year in the pacific.
But we can't say that Japanese hate Dominicans base on a 2 or 3 Japanese. I don't attack the people, just their government for allowing such crimes against these mammals.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LQRFPtiywTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Japan

Dominicans don't have a problem with Japanese, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago or the US. The problem I have is personal issue not with the Japanese but with their government until they stop killing dolphins. And our issues with Haitians is that they need to stop burning our trees.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
JJ

Economy or First Class???????????????????????????????????????????????:bunny::bunny::bunny:

and Japanese is singular and plural.....

B in Santiago

Last edited:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007

JJ

I couldn't find a link for the video but here is what I was talking about.

ElCaribe.com.do | Con Todo A Cada Minuto - Dolor Por Tragedia De Japon

JJ

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

JJ

1st Wife was Cocojin. Good luck wit' dat!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Like you're going to see Japanese children begging on the streets.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I had a feeling I would see you in this thread, just not on the second post, Mr "I don't have a problem with unification!"

It's quite obvious that Bachata is seeing the level of progress the Japanese have been able to accomplish and he wishes that for the DR, not skin color. That's quite the contrary to a particular someone here... :rolleyes:

On topic, entrepreneurial Japanese would actually make the Haitian ordeal more palatable, so to speak. They will create the hundreds of thousands of jobs that the Haitian migrants are searching for.

In fact, quite a few Japanese might be able to do wonders in Haiti itself. Could be just what's needed. People that know how to get things done.

The examples are there: Tokyo vs Port-au-Prince. Both affected by an earthquake nearby, results are vastly different. I'm sure a year from now, the level of progress in Japan will be much greater than what Haiti will accomplish in the next 10 years. And the sad part is that there's a very good chance that it will be just like that. :ermm:

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Another lawsuit for Japan?

JJ

Will the Japanese government be ready for another lawsuit?

1956-1959 Some 1,300 Japanese made a 30-day, 8,000 mile voyage across the oceans to settle on free land offered by Dominican Republic dictator Gen. Rafael Trujillo. In 2000 more than 170 immigrants sued the Japanese government, claiming they were deceived into leaving Japan and taking bad land. In 2006 Japan settled the lawsuit, promising to pay up to $17,000 to each plaintiff as well as $10,000 to emigrants who did not take part in the suit.
(AP, 7/25/06)

But, maybe conditions are different now.

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Well I would say about her is that she is upset because the Dominicans in Japan get more attention than she does.

well, this girl has actually lived in the DR, and I think she still lives here. not saying they're all racist, but I can understand not liking a lot of Dominicans after living here for so long. the ones that I knew in a different town were so stupid it was unbelievable, but I have some friends from there that are way smarter than them, and they're pretty good friends. but this japanese girl hates all dominicans, I was like wow

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Dominicans don't have a problem with Japanese, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago or the US. The problem I have is personal issue not with the Japanese but with their government until they stop killing dolphins. And our issues with Haitians is that they need to stop burning our trees.

GTFOH Man! NOW I KNOW YOU CRAZY! Really????????? I have to stop talking to people because all they ever do is tell me they dont have any food to eat but Dominicans dont like Japanese because they kill dolphins? What has a dolphin ever done for you? And if they are so hungry then why would it matter that a dolphin was killed. There is alot of meat on that fish. Fish, not mammal, fish, dolphin is a fish, porpoise is a mammal. Shark is a fish, whale is a mammal. But come on man I cant stand it no more. Killing dolphins? "All of the people starving in my country and you guys are killing dolphins, on the other side of the planet. I dont like you Hirosaki, you're bad!"

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I had a feeling I would see you in this thread, just not on the second post, Mr "I don't have a problem with unification!"

It's quite obvious that Bachata is seeing the level of progress the Japanese have been able to accomplish and he wishes that for the DR, not skin color. That's quite the contrary to a particular someone here... :rolleyes:

On topic, entrepreneurial Japanese would actually make the Haitian ordeal more palatable, so to speak. They will create the hundreds of thousands of jobs that the Haitian migrants are searching for.

In fact, quite a few Japanese might be able to do wonders in Haiti itself. Could be just what's needed. People that know how to get things done.

The examples are there: Tokyo vs Port-au-Prince. Both affected by an earthquake nearby, results are vastly different. I'm sure a year from now, the level of progress in Japan will be much greater than what Haiti will accomplish in the next 10 years. And the sad part is that there's a very good chance that it will be just like that. :ermm:

Ahem, you brought up skin color Batman. Seems we have gotten to the root of your aversion of all things Haitian. And if they did "colonize" Haiti that wouldnt help Haiti, just Japanese corporations who did business with North Americans. If they came here it would just be an introduction of a highly educated technical class which would be preyed on by all the incompetent, bloodsucking, vultures who occupy political offices.

The Haiti earthquake was IN PAP, and the Tsunami was about 500 miles from Tokyo in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

In addition, the real difference is that the Japanese didnt like being colonized so they made the effort to enhance their economy from post-war whore state to Pacific Rim industrial powerhouse. I dont even think there is the equivalent of "no es mi culpa' in Japanese. THAT is why they shouldnt come here as refugees from a post-earthquake, nuclear apocalypse calamity. How would they adjust? These are the people who invented the Toyota Prius how are you going to tell them you dont know how land use regulation works? These people lived with nuclear power 24 hours a day, who wants to have power 10 hours max and not even be sure of the voltage?

well, this girl has actually lived in the DR, and I think she still lives here. not saying they're all racist, but I can understand not liking a lot of Dominicans after living here for so long. the ones that I knew in a different town were so stupid it was unbelievable, but I have some friends from there that are way smarter than them, and they're pretty good friends. but this japanese girl hates all dominicans, I was like wow

Must have been San Jose de Matas?

Like you're going to see Japanese children begging on the streets.

Hey, you show me a place in the Asian world where women are with big butts and I ll move there. Need my own personal Suzie Wong.