highblood meds- amlodipine and benzapril

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
just wanted to see how much does this medication cost in DR. Here at walmart its $4 for 30 pills. for each medication its generic. lm going to need that med for when im down there. Also if there is a another name for it in spanish or if its the same...

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I only know here in the DR .. amlodipine is amlodipina - $4 for 30 is a great price - not as cheap here. Tell your Dr. about your trip and see if you can get a script for the amount you need there.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think you mean benazepril.
there is a medicine combining those two, AMLOFEL COMPUESTO. amlodipina con benazepril, by dominican lab, feltrex. it costs about 25 pesos a pill.
the cheapest amlodipina would be about 10 pesos a pill, unless you buy in promesa (government pharmacies).
in any case medicine in DR is not exactly cheap so buy in the states (short trip) or prepare to pay more (long trip). if you are moving here permanently you may consider health insurance, hipertension medicine is covered even with a basic plan.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
just wanted to see how much does this medication cost in DR. Here at walmart its $4 for 30 pills. for each medication its generic. lm going to need that med for when im down there. Also if there is a another name for it in spanish or if its the same...
How long will you be here? Just buy enough ahead of time.

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
yes , that is correct its spelled benazepril. I was taking lotrel 10-40 , I took 3 month supply when i was there last time but this time I might go for 6-7 months . amlodipine 10mg and benazepril 40 but generic is available now which is cheaper. If it costs 25 pesos a pill that is fine I can swing that. My doctor would only give me 3 month supply. DV8 about how much is a basic plan more or less and can you just buy it for 6 months (male 43 policy)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
insurance does not pay off if you come for such a short time. basic plans are cheap but all insurance companies take weeks before coming to effect...
take your 3 months supply and buy the rest in DR. my best advice is to check out the prices and then buy in bulk (that is a supply for remaining months). if you pay cash a pharmacy should give you a significant discount (even up to 20%, depending if the product is currently on offer from the lab).
btw, those meds are sold over the counter in DR so you do not need a prescription.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Best advice is bring it with you. If you are coming from the US have your doc write a Rx for 180 days. Explain to the pharmacy that you are going to be traveling out of the country for 6 months and it should not be a problem. We do it all the time at Wal-Mart and never had a problem. Much much much cheaper that way.

Bob K

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i found two more pills that combine amlodipina and benazepril, both by dominican labs. there is COROVAL B (from laboratorio sued) at 40 pesos and AMLOBEN (by laboratorio ratio) at 47 pesos a pill.
all prices are for combination 5/20 (amlodipinia/benazepril).