Catholic Wedding in/near Boca Chica

B

Beatriz

Hello everybody,

Someone I know, wants to get married in DR, but at the same time as a civil wedding, they would like to have a catholic wedding.
I don't know if there is a church in Boca Chica (I think there isn't, am I right Jim?), so I suppose the nearest catholic church should be in Santo Domingo.
Any one can help me? The email of the "obispado" or something like that would be helpful...
And, are the requirements the same as in other catholic wedding in other country?

Thank you in advance.

BEATRIZ

D

Doug

Beatriz: There is a Catholic church right in Boca Chica,just north of central park, it is very easy to find. I believe it is on the corner Juan Buatista and San Rapheal(I'm not sure of the spelling) it is right on the way into the main area of downtown Boca Chica.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Church in Boca Chica *PIC*

Actually, there is a church just about few blocks in any direction in Boca Chica. On many evenings, you can hear the choirs singing from them. However, there is one very famous and beautiful church located next to the park at the center of Boca Chica (See www.BocaChicaBeach.net/map.html - the church is Yellow No. 14). See photo at http://www.reddominicana.com/bocachica/fotos/iglesia.jpg or below.

H

hillbilly

There are more questions...

First, the Catholic wedding doubles as a Civil wedding, so both would not be necessary.
Second, in order for the priest to perform a wedding there are certain formalities that must be carried our or satisfied, such as the pre-nuptual course of study; proof of being a Catholic; and the legal stuff like proof of being single.
Better get your ducks lined up quick! Perhaps the local Catholic priest wherever you are can help with these things, since I suppose that they are pretty much the same around the world...Also your friend would need to reserve the church for thedate and time of the planned event.

HB

N

Natasha

Do not underestimate the requirements to get marry in the Catholic church, specially when you are coming from abroad. As HB says, the civil ceremony is no longer needed if you decide to marry in the church. The legal aspect of it is nowadays incorporated into the ceremony. I got married in a Catholic church in Santo Domingo, in the Colonial Zone, and we were required to provide a series of documents, and of course, take the pre-cana, which we did in the US. We had a special situation in that my husband is not Catholic (I am) and he was required to get "permission" from his church in order to marry in a Roman Catholic church. Also, bear in mind that you have to reserve the church in advance. I don't know about Boca Chica, but in Santo Domingo you have to do things way ahead, perhaps six months in advance. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Natasha