Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time in DR (San Juan de la Maguana )

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time in DR (San Juan de la Maguana )

Man what am I gettting myself into??
    I have been reading all the posts on Sankiies and culture and gringos ....
    Its alot to take in but I am planning my first ever trip to DR.
    Actually have been talking to a couple of Dominicanas in diiferent chat rooms and want to find out first hand if theres a possibility of establishing a relationship.
    Glad to see some of the pitfalls posted here so I can recognize my mistakes as I am blissfully making them aagghhh.
    I read areally good post that said to dine at a local place near banks offices and other downtown businesses to meet a woman with a job and establish a friendship first.
    Staying away from the resort towns and sex tour hangouts don't need that kind of misery in my life..
    Trying to increase my spanish past my kindergarten level too.
    I am a teacher here in Georgia and am tired of the racism I face as a white guy who dates black girls.
    I will go where my heart leads and we'll see if it comes out still beating...
    Oh yeah duh!! Any recomendationson where to go I have been talking to some ladies in San Juan de la Maguana .Is this a respectable area or a den of iniquity waiting to get me in its clutches..The beach towns all seem to be best left alone for a gringo looking for a legitimate relationship!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

San Juan de la Maguana is a large town away from the tourist area. The girls there are poor, but not like the hustler's you would meet in a tourist area

I had a girlfriend from there some years ago. She was poor, but had good morals. You might find a good one there.

There is a nice hotel just past the Police station on your right. The price is right, AC, nice large clean rooms. Don't remember the name though.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Always liked San Juan de la Maguana, if you want to get away from it all, Not a bad place to do it....

Hotel Maguana (Calle Independencia 72, tel. 809/557-2244....never had a problem staying here....

Post Thanks / Like

You would be MUCH better off in the Cibao...Moca, La Vega, Santiago, Mao!!

In any of these towns you would meet knock your socks off beautiful young women...

I know San Juan de la Maguana....nice enough, but really the sticks...

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just be very careful use extreme caution regardless of what you tell the majority of women in the DR that you are not rich nor affluent they still think the opposite. In an educated and civilized way I have tried explaining to Dominicans back a few years ago that just because I come to the DR doesn't mean I have money or I'm some rich guy I'm just another economically middle class person unfortunately it never seems to be convincing!!! Don't wear jewelry nor expensive clother nor expensive shoes still they think the contrary!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

YEA, San Juan is the backwoods man. There may be wholesome women there but how long before you are bored? 24 hours in a small town with nothing to do and no friends and limited language skills is not how you do it. What if you dont like the hotel? What about the food? If you dont like it what will you eat? And what if you like me, think that the women in that town were more dense than need be in the 21st Century.

Heres what you do. Come to Santiago. Go to church with Chip and you can meet wholesome and quite possibly educated AND employed women. And then from there you can decide what to do.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I Love Cibao most of the time but I do have a soft spot for Sanjuan De Maguana, Nice town few good bars. Hotel Maguana is nice as you enter town but they are not really guest friendly. The hotel Sky was refering to is Hotel D'Angel 809-557-3484, 4653, 9263 C/19 de marzo #3 esq ave independencia. Like 3 blocks past police station on main road. Many beutiful women in San juan but you will need to speak better spanish to pick up a real Girl not just looking to get some of your cash.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default San Juan de la Maguana

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/33MEjnXsGGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <b>Can someone translate the language at the end?</b>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUXRaeV57a4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lktE83Q5iw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm so confused

Thanks for all the info but now with all the advice I dont know what to do ...I thought I did but maybe I should go to a tourist area where the girls are around english speaking tourists and comfortable with them...I mean this is my first trip and I don't want to be sitting around town like a spy looking at everyones coming and going Maybe it would be best to just see what the beach areas have to offer..
    Mom always says don't look for love it will find you.But I think it has misplaced my address from looking at the last year or so....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro777 View Post
    Mom always says don't look for love it will find you.But I think it has misplaced my address from looking at the last year or so....
    Maybe you should try looking in your hometown and leave the DR for pure excitement and adventures!!!

I mean just saying.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast