Current Taxi Rate from Santo Domingo Airport (TSDM)?

worldbalance

Mar 16, 2011
Hey all,

Is there a site or someone who can inform me of the taxi rates coming out of TSDM?

If not, then more specifically from the airport to Zona Colonial in SD?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's been $30/US for a long time, but I heard it's gone up a bit in the past couple of months, so could be $5-10 more. That's per cab, not per person.

AE

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Two weeks ago I arrived at SDQ, took the elevator upstairs to the departure level, walked outside and in 45 seconds I was able to get a taxi dropping someone off (an Apolo cab) to take me to the Zona Colonial for 900 pesos. ($23)

Going back. I called Apolo to get a taxi back to the airport and they quoted me 1000 pesos ($26.50)

The taxi mafia in yellow shirts at the airport will quote you $40 or more.

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
In mid February I paid $45 US to the taxi mafia for the trip from the Las Americas airport to the V Centenario Hotel. There is also a taxi booth now, located where all the rental car booths are situated inside the airport. I should have stopped and asked what their price was. From the name on the booth I think but am not sure if they have the taxi concession for the airport.

Leaving the hotel for the airport I used a radio taxi, but did not ask the dispatcher what the fare would be. When I asked the taxi driver he tried to quote me the same $45 dollar rate. I think I paid him $30-35 (can't remember) but I learned yet another Santo Domingo lesson - confirm your rate with the dispatcher. If you can that is...those guys take your name and location and hang up very quickly.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Depends on where in SDQ you have to go to.

I'd say DR$ 1,000- from the Zona Colonial and DR$ 1,500 from Mirador del Sur. Both prices I've paid recently.

Leaving from the Occidental Embajador Hotel might have had something to do with the DR$ 1,500 fare. The DR$ 1,000 where from zona Universitaria with a private taxi.

leonwuliang

May 3, 2011
This Jan , We ( a group of 6 persons) took a 7-seats car from LAS American Airport to Occidental Embajador Hotel with the cost of USD 55.00 from the English speaking mafia in front of the gate.

This May again back SD, I negotiated the price to DR $ 1000 to Hilton Hotel. Anyhow, some one told it's possible for DR $ 600 to zone colonial, but i think it should be from the upstair i.e. the departure gate.