Nursery School in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
Hello,

I am looking at enrolling two young girls into nursery school, and possibly kindergarten for one of them, this August. They will be 4 and 5.

I have done as much research as I can, and DR1 has been useful. However, I would like to ask anyone who has experience specifically with nursery schools in the Puerto Plata area if they can recommend a good school and also tell me a little bit about the process. A bilingual school is preferred(English/Spanish or French/Spanish)

Thank you!!

tinfo

Feb 4, 2011
preschool

An excellent school is colegio costambar (it is actually in Puerto Plata near the baseball stadium. It works on a montessori style pedagogy which emphasizes quiet learning. It is bilingual (Spanish and English). I visited it when I was touring schools for a research project.

Reina

Feb 2, 2007
Jean Piaget in Bayardo Puerto Plata is a very nice preschool. They are mostly a Spanish school, but have English activities...They have a lot of resources for the children and the environment is clean and happy. Good luck in your search!

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
Thank you both! I found the website to Colegio Costambar and it looks great but unfortunately I am not fluent in Spanish. Do you know if the director or any staff speaks English and would be able to assist me with any questions I have? ( I understand it's a bilingual school but i'm wondering if I can speak with anyone in the admissions side of things in English).

Last edited:

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
What is the youngest age at which children are normally admitted to such schools as the two recommended above?

pucca

Mar 30, 2010
i have a question any day care for a 1yo kid close to EL batey Sosua area

tinfo

Feb 4, 2011
English teachers

I know Colegio Costambar's teachers speak English, one is from Canada and others are quite easy with English. I imagine the same would be for the Jean Piaget. I have worked in education and am impressed with both schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.