playa rincon

nicorepdon

Sep 9, 2010
Hello everybody,
Is somebody have information about a golf camp in playa rincon?or a new hotel? thanks

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Playa Ricon

Hi

There is no development going on at Playa Rincon. This is beach is off the beaten path and is not in an area which has a high amount of traffic. The closest golf course to the Samana Peninsula is in Playa Grande, which is about half way between Samana and Puerta Plata. The most popular and famous golf area in the DR is at Casa de Campo in La Romana. You might google their website to see if there are golfing schools.

S

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Perish the thought! The beach is still mainly unspoilt and plans for development several years ago still haven't materialised. The only hotel is Rubi's, up the hill from the beach - never stayed there but it looks very pleasant.

Hotel Restaurant Rincon Rubi - Playa Rincon - Samana Dominican Republic
I'll give Rubi's restaurant on the beach a BIG plug: they are excellent! Pollo, fish and lobster to die for AND they cook their papas fritas is real artery clogging oil! Yummy!

I love restaurants with dirt floors!

But to the OP: I, too, have heard of plans for a 9-hole course somewhere by the old Bahia Principe hotel. However, rumors in the DR rarely pan out...

nicorepdon

Sep 9, 2010
Ok, not for the moment. but why are they (gv) installing freswater in the small Rincon village and working and the road to loma atraversada?

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
The aquaduct is part of the work and will get in all corners from Samana eventually. Roads will also be improved in all corners from Samana.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
The aquaduct is part of the work and will get in all corners from Samana eventually. Roads will also be improved in all corners from Samana.
Tony, I've seen surveyors on the beach property several times. They weren't surveying to plant more coconut trees.

The only possible reason for the aquaduct off the main road going toward Rincon is for a resort. You can't build a resort without decent water.

I know someone involved in sorting out land titles in the area. It's quite impressive the legal work being done to consolidate enough land with questionable titles to have the acreage to build a mega resort.

No doubt questionable world economics is a challenge that is delaying shovels hitting the ground, but you know they will be coming. Might as well enjoy that gorgeous location before the first steamshovel and bulldozer arives on the scene.

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
Surveyors are visiting these type of properties all the time. And for sure, one day there will be development, in whatever form. The good thing is that the construction will be low density because that area is under the low density regulations.
Its like everywhere in the world, beaches and top locations will be occupied by projects. Thats why its good that Samana has 2 very large national parcs.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Surveyors are visiting these type of properties all the time. And for sure, one day there will be development, in whatever form. The good thing is that the construction will be low density because that area is under the low density regulations.
Its like everywhere in the world, beaches and top locations will be occupied by projects. Thats why its good that Samana has 2 very large national parcs.
I am hearing of plans for 15,000 rooms at that location, Tony. Even if it 5,000 that doesn't sound like low density to me.

Just purchasing the land is an enornous expense.

I'm sure problems at Cap Cana and Carlos Perez's death have put a hold on the project.

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
the density is there 15 bedrooms/10.000 m2.

So if somebody wants to make 15.000 bedrooms he needs to own 10 million m2. All depends on how many m2 the property has.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
the density is there 15 bedrooms/10.000 m2.

So if somebody wants to make 15.000 bedrooms he needs to own 10 million m2. All depends on how many m2 the property has.
No doubt, like all projects in the DR, this one will strictly adhere to every law on the books...:cheeky: