las velas building

bhibhai

Mar 21, 2011
Hey, Is someone bought any apartment in La Velas?
We would like to know feedback of prices and about place.
Pls share your experience and any advice wiht us.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
JUAN DOLIO BEACH | Torre Las Velas l 15p

newimagegy2.jpg

2498482600094707590S600x600Q85.jpg

4300102.jpg

4300101.jpg

4300103.jpg

429835.jpg

sush

Mar 9, 2011
it is a lovely building and i've seen the appartment inside, they have a very nice space!! but is it worth the price?? would this be something yyou can invest and the price will not drop like crazy as it usually happens in juan dolio? i will love to have some info also on this

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
it is a lovely building and i've seen the appartment inside, they have a very nice space!! but is it worth the price?? would this be something yyou can invest and the price will not drop like crazy as it usually happens in juan dolio? i will love to have some info also on this

Juan Dolio is a long term project that's very hard to read, since it based the "growth" on mere speculative wishes of the investors.

The one and good thing about Juan Dolio as of short to mid term is the soon to be built state of the art Pinewood movie studios close by. That means a lot of executives and general expats will be looking for homes away from home there.

You can't ever go wrong with RE in the DR, but this is one of those loooooong term types of RE investment types. You can get a decent or even lux level apartment or condo for cheap, but to later sell it in the mid short to mid term, will be rather harder than other places in the DR.

With that said, RE values in the DR are astronomically low for the moment. In less than 5 years values are deemed to at least double or more in some instances.

It all depends on what you're looking for in RE conditions for the money. If you're bound to leave the nest in a five year term or less, then the answer is to look elsewhere in the country. If you're willing to hold out for more than 8 to 10 years before turning it to cash, then go for it.

We looked into investing in some units for rental in the area, but decided against it when the maintenance costs and fees made it less attractive than other areas we already own into.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003

Have been interested in that area for quite sometime and have yet to see that "drop" you talk about here in Juan Dolio!!!

As a matter of fact, a close friend that was in our interest party had a deal going on two units, until the end price went up by 15% overnight with the developer! They used the hard tactics of showing little interest to force the old rates, after some four months both units got sold cash in hand...

It was a bit of a let down for them (to put it mildly) since it was the only developer that offered to allow changes in an already built unit.

All around the area most of what's for sale are the usual suspects in semi-attached of single homes with more than two stories.

Juan Dolio is a mixed bag of hit and misses...

You get a hit if the unit is close to the beach and the view is clear to the water, you miss if the unit is as before but some new developer (or the same) decides to build a higher tower in that view. Nobody wants to pay to see another building instead of blue sky and sea out of the window, so close to the beach.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
I am now a resident in las Velas, JD. it is BEAUTIFUL big and very confortable and the best part of all is that you dont have the entire sdq comming to your commom areas as it happens in marbella or costa del sol, it is a very quiet building and very well organized, so far my experience has been great, and the view is awsome as we are in the front side of the building and YES ocean view from my living room balcony AND my master bedroom balcony!!! YAY :)